It could not have gone worse. After the devastating attack of the Reticulans in UFO: Aftermath, you only had fifty years of rest until they once again tried to eradicate the human race in UFO: Aftershock - and that time they succeeded. Only around ten thousand people survived this desperate war and only a few were allowed to remain on a station orbiting Earth. Most of the survivors were banished to Mars by the Reticulans.
The 1.7 patch for UFO: Afterlight.
CHANGES IN VERSION 1.7
* Add-on duplication bug
* Expedition Commander and Expedition Soldier mix up in research item names
* Drones no longer get paralyzed by Beastman paralyzing ammunition
* It is no longer possible to get additional characters to join your team by letting a drone get killed during a mission
* It is now possible to fix the "corrupted ground textures" problem by disabling bump mapping for ground models in the "Graphics" option menu (thanks to Stucuk and Lord Storm)
* Removed some shader restrictions to allow the game to run on wider variety of graphics cards
* The game now displays a dialog box when enemy attacks your home base
* It is now possible to change the item mode for all selected units at once
* Enemies use different fire modes based on the distance to their targets
* The game will now use different quick save files for tactical and strategic modes
* The game no longer generates capture missions on enemy main bases