Our friends at Paradox Interactive have just announced the first expansion for the hugely-popular Stellaris titled Leviathans. The upcoming story pack adds loot, monsters and plenty of adventure, here's a sneak peak at the announcement as well as what you can expect to see when Leviathans lands on October 20th.
Space is lovely, dark and deep, but it has secrets it wants to keep. Rich systems defended by fierce creatures, hostile pockets of resistance to your civilization, and the sleeping giants of the universe – the Fallen Empires who may yet be stirred from their centuries long indolence.
In Stellaris: Leviathans, the galaxy will be filled anew with adventure and challenge as your new and naïve space-faring empire comes face-to-face and ship-to-ship with a host of dangers and rewards.
Features of Stellaris: Leviathans include:
- Guardians: Powerful space entities with mysterious origins and motives. Fight or investigate them to unlock technologies and gain access to great treasures.
- Enclaves: Independent outposts of traders and artists who are willing to make a deal. Exchange resources, purchase information about the galaxy, or commission a great work of art for your empire.
- War In Heaven: What happens to your fledgling empire if two ancient Fallen Empires decide to renew old grievances in a War in Heaven? Will you err on the side of caution and take a side with the stronger power, or will you strike at both whilst they are occupied with their own titanic struggle?
Coupled with the release of Leviathans will be the traditional free update, dubbed "Heinlein". Containing upgrades and improvements for all players, just some of the highlights include:
- A convenient Auto-Explore feature
- Rally points for your freshly-assembled Navy.
- The Expansion Planner Interface.
- An overhaul of Strategic Resources.
- Clearer specialization/role for ship types.
- More options for customizing new galaxies.
- New smarter Sector Governors.
As mentioned you will be able to get your hands on Leviathans on the 20th of October. In the meantime if you are looking for something to take your Stellaris experience to the next level head on over to our game profile, where a plethora of files, addons and mods are available!