Rktcr's third demo is now available, with improved future visualization, a new example world, snappier dialog, and a host of little tweaks and improvements.
Perhaps more exciting than this is that the third demo corresponds to a full version which will be out any day now (stay tuned!), with many more worlds and paths to explore and optimize.
- Future visualization is drawn using full wheels instead of lines; collision and rotation are now much easier to gauge.
- The example world has been changed to feature levels that showcase each core movement mechanic in the game (and happen to include some of the new levels).
- Dialog included with the demo is a different plot than previous demos, and has been re-written in a much less verbose [though perhaps not less unique] style.
- Font size for challenge levels and team names is larger.
- Times now typeset with lighter leading zeros (slight readability improvement).
- Portal glimmers and flame particles fade when travelling.
- Gems do not change colors when travelling. (Though, for reasons of temporal mechanics, objects may still appear to shift when moving backward in time through a portal. Time's weird like that.)
- VSYNC enabled.