After almost two months of work (with a small pause caused by a dead power supply), here comes a new Phase 2 beta release (#190):
Highlights of this release include :
- AI Builder for regions, taking care of constructing and upgrading buildings
- New soundtrack, including the game’s very own theme song, thanks to YD from OpenGameArt.org
- New and improved sound effects
- Almost two dozens of bugfixes and minor gameplay improvements
- Several improvements to the user interface / gameplay :
- Visual warnings for regions with low loyalty or high pollution levels (right to the region’s flag on the globe)
- The region list can now be sorted by different criterias (economic power, population, pollution level, etc.)
- You can now have the units placed by the computer on the battlefield (by simply ending the placement phase)
- Unit health is now displayed for deployed divisions in regional view
Thanks to the all new soundtrack and the new and improved sound effects, the game feels even more polished now with an almost perfect atmosphere from what I always wanted the game to be.
Next on the list are sound effects for the battlefield, with separate sounds for all the different military units and adding the missing features. Right now the politics feature hasn't been implemented (it partially is there, at least in the game's code but not visible for players) yet and the game is still lacking some of the game modes I had in mind, as well as the modificators for the game modes. So that's next on my list.
So have fun playing and keep providing me with feedback (which so far has been very positive), cause that's my main motivation :)
P.S. : I've been thinking about putting the game on desura (for free), any caveats on doing so for a game that's still in beta? Or would it be better to wait for a final release before putting it there?