Tool for porting your GoldSource maps to Source. It features many fixes that will save hours of mindless work.
How to use
- Open your .rmf file in Hammer 4.x (Included with every Source game in the bin folder) or greater and save as a .vmf file.
If your map is in the .map format, then open in in Hammer 3.x which can be downloaded from Steam under the name "Half-Life SDK", save as .rmf and repeat the first step.
- Click the Find VMF button or just Drag and Drop the file/files you want to repair and press Repair.
- Done! Now you can open the repaired map, which will be named YourMapNameHere_r.vmf. This tool should fix most of the problems, but additional work will still be required.
When compiling the map in Hammer be sure to uncheck HDR. Otherwise some textures will appear to be glowing.
If you wish to report a bug, please include the map you are trying to repair along with the log file (yourmapname_log.txt)
Thank you for reading, I hope you find it useful.
What the program can't yet do
- masters and netnames.
- porting trigger_cdaudio and some other obsolete entities.
Update 2.1.0 – 1.9.2018
- Added support for ZHLT Special Textures (Missing textures)
- Fixed incorrect I/O conversion on path_track and path_corner (I/O Logic)
- Fixed a I/O conversion error where due to an incorrect splitting of a string, entities would not be recognized.
- Added a fix for env_beam (Obsolete parameters). Width of beam and beam radius are now recalculated to be the correct values
- Corrected a gramatic mistake in the tool tip
- The program now exports a _log.txt alongside every repaired map.
Update 2.0.0 – 16.7.2018
Today I bring you a major update.
Over a 600% increase in speed
The program has been rewritten from scratch. Technically speaking, instead of having a loop for every fix, I've implemented the fixes into only 2 loops. An "analysis" loop which gathers information about the file with which the second "work" loop performs the selected fixes on the map.
Logic and Spawnflags fixes, Finally!
The program now has the ability to convert the old "target" and multi_manager system to the Source I/O system. Also, the program now fixes Spawnflags on some things like doors, buttons or triggers.
Drag&Drop and Multiselect
You can now Drag and Drop your files right onto the program to fix them. Additionally, you can now select multiple files at once, which should be very useful for porting your own mods.
One file selected
Multiple files selected
The program now checks for updates on start and notifies you if a newer version is available.
Here is a full list of what the program can perform now.
- Finds missing textures and replaces them (including decals)
- Replaces .spr the .vmt in sprites
- Recalculates Scale and Shift of textures on Faces
- Replaces the value of "rendercolor" with "255 255 255" if it is "0 0 0" or "0"
- Exchanges the value of "angles" with "movedir" in func_button and func_door
- Exchanges the value of "_cone2" with "_inner_cone" in light_spot
- Exchanges the value of "dmg" with "damage" in trigger_hurt
- Sets the correct "noise1" and "noise2" paths from "movesnd" and "stopsnd" in func_door, func_door_rotating and func_plat
- Exchanges the value of "fadein" with "fadeinsecs" and the value of "fadeout" with "fadeoutsecs"
- Replaces the old "target" and multi_manager logic system with the new I/O "connections" logic system
- Changes the Spawnflags on certain entities (e.g., func_door) so they function how they should in Source
Here is the full changelog for Version 2.0.0
- Added a changelog
- Rewrote the whole program from scratch (Major performance enhancement)
- Added the I/O Logic and Spawnflags fixes
- Added Drag&Drop
- Added the ability to fix multiple files at once
- The program now checks for updates at the start and notifies the user if a newer version is available
- Added more smaller fixes like the "dmg" and "fadein" property replacement
- Added "Useful links:"
- Added hover tooltips
- Changed the texture format in textures.txt
- The progress bar now functions accurately
- Merged all the smaller fixes into one fix called "Obsolete properties"
- Added a timer
- Shortened and simplified Help.html
As you can see the program is now packed with even more features that I hope will make porting any GoldSrc content to Source much easier.
Update 1.1.0 - 18.3.2018
Originally I planned to make big changes and release version 2.0.0 but since that would take a long time to make, I am now releasing this version.
I changed the names of individual fixes and I merged fix sprites, fix decals and fix missing textures into one option called Texture fix. Also, I added a feature called "Cones fix" which repairs the "Inner (bright) angle". A visual progress bar has been added along with a not yet functional Changelog button. An update feature is also in the making.
The next version should include major performance improvements, however it will probably not include the Logic fix and the newly planned Flags fix.
I don't know when the next version is going to be here, but in the meantime, enjoy.