Winner of over 50 Game of the Year awards, Half-Life set new standards for action games when it was released in 1998. Half-Life: Source is a digitally remastered version of the critically acclaimed and best selling PC game, enhanced via Source technology to include physics simulation, enhanced effects, and more.
Half-Life Resized Maps unifies many of the separated levels of Half-Life: Source and brings many QoL improvements and bugfixes.
After several months of hard work, the efforts of Half-Life: Co-op and Obsidian Conflict teams have culminated on bringing this project into reality.
The original Half-Life Resized Maps created by Mr.Lazy, have been fully improved and brought to the next level from the original version, with vast fixes and improvements related HL:S and HL1, and now fully compatible with other games and mods outside GMod.
Imgur album comparing scenes from HL1, HL:S and HLRM
1. Head to the root directory of HL:S ( which tends to be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\hl1 ), and check if there's a folder called custom ( if not, create it ).
2. Place inside custom the folder called hlsu as it is.
3. If you desire to play without cubemaps, place within custom the folder called hls_no_cubemaps. If you want to play with them, place instead hls_cubemaps. Don't place both.
4. ( Optional ) To play with the fixed decals, missing sounds and others, place hls_fixes within custom
5. In order to launch the maps, the console must be toggled on. Open Steam->Library->Half-Life: Source->Properties->General->Launch Options. Then write -console.
6. Once HL:S has been launched, type at the console map hlsu_hc in order to play the Hazardous Course, or map hls00amrl to start from the beginning of the game.