Thirty-two years have passed since the Lucifer was destroyed. Its reactors were breached causing it go nova as it exited the SOL jump node. Since then the Earth has been cutoff from the rest of the galaxy. A group of rebels, the Neo Terran Front (NTF), have been putting a huge strain on the Terran-Vasudan relations and the new Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance (GTVA). Due to a discovery made by the NTF, an ancient device created by the "Ancients," a portal has been opened leading directly into Shivan space. The Shivans from "The Great War" are back and they are pissed off. You, a member of the human "Lost Generation", will have to answer the call to war.
This is Novachen's upgraded version of the Renegade Resurgence Campaign for FreeSpace2 in Version 1.1.2-Nova.
After the incident at Capella, the GTVA begins a large construction project in the Altair sector to learn more about the Ancient civilization in the hopes those new discoveries might aid them in a future war with the Shivans. But the project was not proceeding as planned. Pirate activities in the area continued to delay constructions. It is time to send armed forces to stop this pirate action. Shockingly, the GTVA is facing an even larger enemy than they had expected...
Extract this into your FreeSpace2 Folder.
Check the Novachen's Upgraded Campaign Thread at Hard Light Productions to be informed about new updates and developments.
1.1.1-Nova -> 1.1.2-Nova
- Compatibility Checks for MediaVPs 3.8.X.
- Changed rr-mod.tbm to ignore every other FreeSpace2 Mission.
1.1 -> 1.1.1-Nova
- The GTF Valkyrie is using a newer model, also the MVP GVF Serapis and the mentioned Valkyrie model were used as a base for creation of upgraded SOC versions of both ships that have two additional gun points.
- All retail models, that were present in the mod files were deleted, so that the MVP version is used.
- Nameplates for every ship that support them.
- SOCSimulator.fc2 was deleted, because it only consist of one mission without any story.
- m24b_RR "Counterstrike" was available as an Single Mission. It was added back into the campaign file.