The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to. Your pretender controls one of over sixty different nations and with the help of that nation he will spread his word and battle the other pretenders. Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game. You can play single- or multiplayer (1 - 23 players) with simultaneous turns. There are more than 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.
The 3.27 cumulative patch for Dominions 3: The Awakening. Note that this patch is for Linux based O.S.'s only.
-- General --
· Utterdark did far too many attacks, fixed.
· Recruitment queues are automatically reset once a fort is under siege.
· Support for new fullscreen resolutions e.g. 1920*1080.
· 2 x Crash during turn generation fixed.
· Fixed bug where AI would cast vengeance of the dead on empty provinces.
· Added Jack sound support for Linux version.
· Improved Linux pulseaudio support.
-- Modding --
· Maximum number of mods increased.
· Maximum number of mod sprites increased 1000 -> 2000.
· Modding: New monster mod commands: #clearweapons, #cleararmor, #drainimmune, #homesick.
· Modding: #armor accepts numbers too.
· Modding: #custommagic can be used to created linked random magic.
· Modding: New site mod commands: #conjcost, #altcost, #evocost, #constcost, #enchcost, #thaucost,
· Modding: New site mod commands: #holyfire, #holypower, #heal, #curse, #disease, #horrormark, #lab.