The ancient doom prophecies become true, but not the way that many have imagined. A bright spot among the seas of stars attracted astronomers' attention. The studies and observations of the object allowed determining its nature as a class C comet. The first wave of exultation was followed by surge of panic as the trajectory calculations revealed high probability of collision with the Earth. The comet has passed in close vicinity from our planet and singed the atmosphere by its tail, raining a meteorite shower upon the surface, bringing death and devastation. As smoke and cinder eventually cleared away revealing cities in ruins and scorched Earth, people witnessed a Catastrophe...
The patch version 2.1 deals with some graphical problems.
Read this first
This program will install "Codename: OutBreak" patch for English, German,
Italian, Spanish, French, Czech, Polish, USA and Japanese versions of the game.
After patch installation a label "=Patch 2.1=" should appear at the bottom
right corner of the loading screen. This ensures that patch is properly
You can find more information about game at www.deep-shadows.com..
Also check doc\faq.txt for solutions of common problems.
- removed CD copy protection
- textures shifting bug on Radeon 9000
- compatibility with DivXG400 utility (incompatibility caused problems with
intro movies playing)
- doors are not visible in multiplayer game
- corrupted sounds
- cut-scenes have been turned off when connecting from the command line or
- the bug occurring when entering "Armor" and "Armament" menu has been fixed
- maximum length of the chat line has been increased
- now you can use non-English letters in the chat line and lines are marked
the language prefix:
[RU] - Russian
[FR] - French
[IT] - Italian
[SP] - Spanish
[GR] - German
[JP] - Japanese
Russian version users won't be able to read messages from other versions,
except the English one, for the difference between symbol table.
- an error occurring when pressing the "Start" button in the single game has
- at the top of the 2-14th missions the partner has no gun. It has been fixed.
- the CD-music-off-in-menu bug has been fixed.
- when pressing ESC while watching the cut-scenes all the latter skip
- stability of the game when watching cut-scenes ahs been improved
- HP of the alien warrior and alien worker has been increased
- a separate EXE for the dedicated NT server has been created. It does not
require the CD.
- now you can't jump over the outside enclosure on level 8
- level-6-falling -through-the-bridge bug has been fixed
- bug has been fixed: soldiers fall through the ground on levels 2,5,6
- bug has been fixed: when you get to the middle of the ladder and switch to
another character the partner won't follow your orders
- bug has been fixed: when you get on the ladder and turn to the left or to the
right you can here steps while you don't move.
- bug has been fixed: when the partner stands on the metal grate there's a hole
in the grating around him instead of the shadow
- bug has been fixed: while displaying small parasite death animation he
disappears for a second
- bug has been fixed: when you turn on the night vision kit, switch to the
full- screen map and return to the game the night vision kit deactivates but it
- bug has been fixed: when loading a saved game you can switch to the partner
fully, i.e. you switch controls only and not the cameras
- bug has been fixed: a monster comes to the state when he squats and gets up
quickly several times aiming at the player
- small AI bugs to do with the ladders have been fixed AI
- level-5-doctor-behaviour bug has been fixed
- level 5 starting points have corrected
- "Arcade mode" text size has been corrected
- "Quick save" misspelling has been corrected
- all "BLTFAST ->..." errors are ignored now (no more crashes)
- game "freezes" (especially with the sound card C-Media 8738), monsters and
the player do not move for 1-2 seconds, then back to normal. When too many
sounds the game crashes.
- rattle instead of the music evokes and the game crashes
- client can not kill the little alien in the cooperative game
Patch doesn't fix:
- resolution over 800x600 is not included in the video modes list of the
configuration program. Temporary solution is offered (see program "Forced.exe")
- game crashes when playing the cut-scenes.
Temporary solution is offered (see program "Forced.exe")
- the partner can see the enemy through the wall within a short range and tries
to shoot him
- some textures on the levels are mirrored (too great volume for the patch)
This program allows to forcedly set the video mode in which the game will run,
to switch off the cut-scenes and turn on the quick image renewal in the HUD
1) Compulsory video mode setting is required after configuring operation in
2) If the video mode you selected is not supported, an error will occur while
launching the game
3) Disabling "Low FPS HUD" option leads to lowering the general game FPS under
the activated mini-camera. This one is recommended for GeForce and Radeon
series video cards.
Dedicated server creation under Windows NT
CO_patch21.exe contains a separate EXE for dedicated server creation. This
application works under Windows NT too. To create a server you need to run
Dedicated.EXE, select game mode (cooperative,CTF etc) and press "Start". After
that, a window allowing you to control the server pops up.
1) A dedicated server does not require the compact disk. To launch a dedicated
server you can make it with minimal game installation.
2) A dedicated server contains protection from freezing. Under server freezing
or error occurring it will be automatically reloaded in 20 seconds.
3) Server parameters are set in server.ini file. It must be located in the root
directory of the game. Adjustment documentation and sample file can be found in
DOC\serverini.txt and DOC\SAMPLE\server.ini folders.
4) Server and client can not be run simultaneously on one computer.
5) To launch a server skipping the game type selection menu you need to run the
application adding "-FAST" parameter (in capital letters). In this case the
last selected game type will be used.