Three years after the conflict in Chernarus, portrayed in the original Arma 2, a new flashpoint explodes in the Green Sea Region. Coalition forces led by the US Army are deployed to Takistan to quickly restore peace and prevent further civilian casualties. You will enlist into various roles within the US Army, from basic infantrymen, through special operatives, to pilots and tank crew in this new installment in the award winning line up of military simulators for PC from Bohemia Interactive. Building on 10 years of experience and constant engine development, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead boasts the most realistic combat environment in the world. It models real world ballistics & round deflection, thermal imaging, materials penetration, features a realtime day/night cycle and dynamic wind, weather and environmental effects.
This is the official update for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead from 1.50-1.55 version to 1.56. This patch will also update your original Arma 2 1.00-1.07 to 1.08 if necessary.
Version 1.55-1.56 Changelog
* Add: more camo (replaceable textures) selection for OA vehicles.
* Fixed: missing shadows and heads in distance LODs for some OA characters.
* Added: MP Armory.
* Improved: -exThreads=3 now default for dual cores.
* Improved: -cpuCount defaults improved for 6 or more than 8 CPUs.
* Fixed: No more LOD blending issues (esp. with vegetation).
* Fixed: Ignored collision with some vehicles.
* Improved: AI cover selection improved a bit.
* New: Video options VSync selection.
* Fixed: Character collisions with stones often resulted in flying or being stuck. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12043)
BAF changelog 1.01-1.02
* Added portrait and wounds of PMC operatives
* Fixed CM immunity of missiles
* Missions have new headers
* Adjusted sensitivity of Her Majesty's soldiers
* Music tracks have their respective names displayed
* Adjusted values of many items in armoury
* L111A1 sounds better on Jackals
* Backpacks are now useable in editor
* Fixed names of IEDs
* Many weapons are now able to hold compatible magazines designed for other weapons
* Snipers have learned how to handle AS50 correctly
* US flyboys adjusted HMD for Apache and BAF pilots are now able to aim unguided missiles bette