Forum Thread
Paid Mod Request: ClusterPuck 99 (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : Paid Mod Request: ClusterPuck 99) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 23 2022 Anchor

Hi, I'm new to this forum and please let me know if this should be posted somewhere else.

I love the game ClusterPuck 99 (simple 8 player team hockey game). I sometimes invite more than 8 friends over to play. I would love for a mod to allow up to 12 or even 16 players if it's possible.

I value people's time and I am willing to pay. I am not sure what going rates are and/or what the time investment is. Willing to negotiate if a mod could be created for this! (Also willing to do a trade of services for anyone interested, I do personal training on the side for diet, fitness, motivation, etc.)

Please reply here or feel free to email me directly: tominationtime at gmail

Jun 24 2022 Anchor

Hi TominationTime!

I'm one of the guys that developed ClusterPuck and I'm really glad to hear you and your friends have such a good time playing it! It's still one of our company's favorite games.

I was able to dig up the source files and make a few modifications to allow for up to 16 controllers to be connected (I think they must be USB, I think bluetooth connections max out at 7 or something).

However! I don't own 9+ controllers, so I actually haven't tested this build beyond 8! So you'll have to let me know if it works haha. Also there's some weirdness with some of the font colors, but it should be alright otherwise. Don't worry about payment or anything!

Here you go, just run the "ClusterPuck 99.exe" in here:

terry.games/CP99_16Player.zip

Edited by: terrydif

Jun 25 2022 Anchor

Hey Terry! Holy cow, what are the odds?!?! I was debating with my Twitch community if this is too good to be true. 24 hours after I posted this THE programmer for ClusterPuck 99 (screenshot attached for others) would see my post and be able to update it for 16 controllers?!?! I seriously thought that this would be a virus lol.

I saw your account has been around for years and your name is in the credits. So I'll definitely be giving it a try mid next week after I grab some more controllers. We just played this game on stream for my birthday this past weekend and it was our most fun couch game. Thank you for creating this timeless classic couch game!

I'll update after I try it out next week. (Or update if it turns out I got bamboozled :D )

Thank you Terry!

terry

Jun 25 2022 Anchor

Haha yep that's me. No bamboozles here. I found this thread because we have Google alerts set up for our games' names, so not pure coincidence! If it manages to work and you get a big crowd playing, definitely tweet a picture at us or something! Would love to see it.

Jun 28 2022 Anchor

Hey Terry! I gathered 13 controllers to test this out, but it was definitely having issues with more than 8 controllers. To keep my testing simple, I just had 10 controllers plugged in. Here are the issues I encountered:

SETUP:

--all USB controllers

--10 controllers a mix of Xbox 360, knock off xbox 360 controllers, some knock off playstation controllers

--Tested in Mage Quit that the 10 controllers behaved properly in that game, so I know my PC was properly recognizing the 10 inputs

ISSUES:

1) Two of the controllers would always would occupy two player slots. Example below (note that in my testing the controllers causing problems seemed randomized or dependent on when I plugged them in).

Controller 1 would control player 1 and player 2 simultaneously (all inputs was repeated for both players)

Controller 3 would control player 3 and player 4 simultaneously

Controllers 5-8 worked normally

Controllers 9-10 did not work at all

THOUGHTS: I am guessing the game is getting confused which controller is which player beyond a certain number.

2) Screen cut off -- When player 9 and above tried to sign in, it would be cut off on the right side. I think the GUI should be scaled to 50% just to ensure up to 16 players could join.

----------------------

I know it's a big ask, but is it possible to make some tweaks to see if it gets fixed? I am willing to keep testing if you are able to create more versions. Please let me know if you would also prefer to switch to DMs or email to crank out testing (email is tominationtime at gmail )

Either way, thank you for your time and thank you for creating this incredible game. Me and my friends all consider it our favorite couch game of all time when we have 6+ players!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.