UC-1.13 v3.65.1 is a mod that allows the Mod Squad’s "Urban Chaos" campaign, a fan made mod for Jagged Alliance 2 from December of 2003, to be run under the contemporary 2 v1.13 Mod platform, specifically the Stable Revision 4870 released 28 December 2011. By itself this release is not a complete mod. Instead it is meant to take an existing Urban Chaos “Data” folder and integrate it into the JA2 1.13 mod platform along with the contents of this mod. For more information please visit Bear's Pit JA Community Forums.
1) Stable v1.13 Rev. 4870
• please have your retail Jagged Alliance 2 and consequently v1.13 installed somewhere mod friendly (ie. NOT any folder including the phrase: Program Files (x86))
• if you choose to participate in testing of one of the advance features .exe projects that this mod has support for, please install that v1.13 mod instead (see below)
2) Original Urban Chaos Data folder (One of the suggested repositories or just run a web search for "Urban Chaos Installer")
• Original Urban Chaos Installer in Kermi's archives
• Kaerar's SCI for Original Urban Chaos
• One of Tais' older SCI's (You need both files, it is a spanned 7-Zip archive) - Note: All you need is the Data-UC folder, only extract the Data-UC folder
• Fileplanet - Note: the Map Pack and Quick fixes are not really needed
*** v3.65.1 may also be used as a patch to update Tais' Single Click Installer(SCI) for Urban Chaos-1.13 v3.61 ***
v1.13 Features Implementation:
• New Chance-To-Hit (NCTH) - largely revised to iron out balance issues. Note: NCTH intentionally reduces the ease of head shots (so it becomes something special again in-game). Also, mechanics behind NCTH is not built around an actual Chance-To-Hit value, shot (or 1st of a burst) is always random within the NCTH Aiming Reticle - the smaller the reticle, the more your target fills that area and the greater the probability of a hit.
• Old Chance-To-Hit (OCTH) - advance (pre-NCTH) balance features enabled, again efforts made to reduce the ease of head shots
• New Attachment System (NAS) - largely independent concept and design of how attachment slots and attachment types are defined. Heavy use of "attachment-adding-NAS-attachment-slots" capability to produce everything from various Rail Interface System adapters, to the Folding Stock System v3. Old Attachment System (OAS) not recommended due to weapon features such as folding stocks and AR-15 Modular Stock System.
• New Inventory System (NIV) - more Load Bearing Equipment than stock v1.13, including "extended" Commando Armour LBE, and IoV/DBB "MOLLE" system inspired Modular LBE, and external carriage pockets. Old Inventory (OIV) no longer supported.
• HAM Facilities - in additional to functional facilities, v1.13 facilities used to indicate Underground Bullet Train platform information
• New (S.T.O.M.P.) Traits - recently fixed up by Kglibow, also incorporates v1.13 rev.4870 Dr.Q fix
Save Game Statement:
• fully compatible with save games from Urban Chaos-1.13 v3.61, including Tais' SCI
• partial compatibility with save games from Urban Chaos-1.13 v3.60
- - changes to 6.8mm SPC and 7.92x57mm magazine items and entries in AmmoStrings.XML and Magazines.XML mean some ammunition glitches with weapons/ammo already in inventory. These changes were designed to have no effect on other ammunition in-game.
• no compatibility with save games from versions of Urban Chaos-1.13 prior to v3.60
Optional Advance Features v1.13 Code Project Support:
Rev. 4915, the v1.13 revision that the UC-1.13 Single Click Installer is based on
• in-game Encyclopedia
• XML vehicle externalization
HAM 5 Alpha featuring WarmSteel's Green Eggs AI mod
• HAM5 Transforming Items (Variable Power Scopes, Folding Stock System, Rifle Launched Grenades)
• HAM5 Fragmentation
• HAM5 Inventory Stuff
• Note: this .exe project has been folded into the main SVN (next) and is no longer being worked on as an independent project
Rev. 5216 (SCI_113SVN_r5216_20120419)
• all of the above
• bugs, please save often if using this one, and please help with the bug hunt
• some screen resolution stuff (note the dimensions of the screen shot)
*** UC-1.13 v3.65.2 20120501 SVN-SCI Patch Only apply this patch if you are using one of the SVN Single Click Installers (Rev.5xxx). ***