Uplink OS BETA v103 for the GOG version of Uplink - Trust is a Weakness. Release candidate 4! Hopefully it's also the last one before the much promised GOLD!
Uplink OS v103 BETA for GOG
Release candidate 4! Hopefully it's also the last one before the much promised GOLD!
Thanks a lot for the support and everything!
NOTE: Do take in mind, that some changes need a NEW USER created!
NOTE2: If you're updating from pre-093, you need to clean the 'users' folder!
Inside the archive you'll find the UplinkOS executable, its resource files and the ReadMe.
In case you're like me and you don't read ReadMes, here's the installation instructions:
- First you'll need the GOG Version of the game. (this version may work on the Humble Bundle version too; haven't tested it)
- After downloading the Mod, unzip it into a place of your choice.
- Go to Uplink's installation folder. In GOG's case, the default is: C:\GOG Games\Uplink
- Copy the contents of the Mod's zip file into this folder.
- Go to the "users" folder. Back-up & move/delete all the files here.
- Now just run UplinkOS.exe and your ready to start hacking!
This is a BETA so you will encounter some bugs that I missed (especially in the later parts of the game where I didn't test as often as I should have). In case you encounter something please make a screenshot and post about it in the BUGS forum.
- Added a new purchasable upgrade for the Task Manager
- Added a red base for apps to highlight if they're running on low CPU
- Added the LAN_Force versions back, but also brought back the Leveled Locks (somehow vanilla Uplink didn't use them)
- Added CTRL+Left/Right for moving through texts word by word
- Added CTRL+Backspace/Delete for deleting whole words
- Added the ability to move the text caret using the mouse on single-line text fields
- Fixed a bug with the App's CPU bar which would not color correctly
- Fixed the Note's text field box hover graphic
- Fixed a rare bug which caused save files to become corrupted