Uplink OS BETA v098 for the GOG version of Uplink - Trust is a Weakness. Getting closer to the GOLD VERSION! HECK YEAH!
Uplink OS v098 BETA for GOG
Getting closer to the GOLD VERSION! HECK YEAH!
NOTE: Do take in mind, that some changes need a NEW USER created!
NOTE2: If you're updating from pre-093, you need to clean the 'users' folder!
Inside the archive you'll find the UplinkOS executable, its resource files and the ReadMe.
In case you're like me and you don't read ReadMes, here's the installation instructions:
- First you'll need the GOG Version of the game. (this version may work on the Humble Bundle version too; haven't tested it)
- After downloading the Mod, unzip it into a place of your choice.
- Go to Uplink's installation folder. In GOG's case, the default is: C:\GOG Games\Uplink
- Copy the contents of the Mod's zip file into this folder.
- Go to the "users" folder. Back-up & move/delete all the files here.
- Now just run UplinkOS.exe and your ready to start hacking!
This is a BETA so you will encounter some bugs that I missed (especially in the later parts of the game where I didn't test as often as I should have). In case you encounter something please make a screenshot and post about it in the BUGS forum.
- Tuned the Log_Modifier UI to make the Type menu more evident
- Added the missing Easter-Egg screen ;)
- Enlarged the View E-Mail subtitles a little bit
- Made the HUD_MapRandomizer actually random
- Added a gateway view, to better see what slots are filled or not
- Replaced the Virtuanet R-Access gateway since it was redundant
- Added NPC portraits
- Added the Trace_Tracker sound beeps to the HUD_MapShowTrace too
- Tuned the World Map a little bit, to be easiear to see the names of the target/fav locations
- Fixed a bug where text field boxes could add infinite lines or characters
- Fixed a bug that caused the rendering to become corrupted after the game was out of focus
- Fixed a bug in the Files Manager that caused a file app to stop if the user changed tabs
- Added a safe mode if the Allegro display can't be created
- Removed the Connect To animation
- Fixed a crash when contacting an employer of a Trace Hacker mission when the target was the player
- Optimized the BBS screen
- Fixed the Trace_Tracker from beeping while the game is paused
- Fixed the files bugs introduced in 097
- Fixed a bug when uploading and downloading at the same time resulted in the Not Enough Space pop-up to spam the player
- Fixed a crash when an e-mail would be deleted while viewing another e-mail
- Added back the dead agent's eMailz screen
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player to delete a bank's transfer logs
- Added tooltips to the in-game awards section