Uplink OS BETA v097 for the GOG version of Uplink - Trust is a Weakness. Ah! Long time no see. Sorry about the wait, but I had a pretty hectic week, which can also be seen in the "minuscule" change log XD
Uplink OS v097 BETA for GOG
Ah! Long time no see. Sorry about the wait, but I had a pretty hectic week, which can also be seen in the "minuscule" change log XD
Thought I'd release it already, since it contains some pretty game-breaking bugs. Enjoy!
NOTE: Do take in mind, that some changes need a NEW USER created!
NOTE2: If you're updating from pre-093, you need to clean the 'users' folder!
Inside the archive you'll find the UplinkOS executable, its resource files and the ReadMe.
In case you're like me and you don't read ReadMes, here's the installation instructions:
- First you'll need the GOG Version of the game. (this version may work on the Humble Bundle version too; haven't tested it)
- After downloading the Mod, unzip it into a place of your choice.
- Go to Uplink's installation folder. In GOG's case, the default is: C:\GOG Games\Uplink
- Copy the contents of the Mod's zip file into this folder.
- Go to the "users" folder. Back-up & move/delete all the files here.
- Now just run UplinkOS.exe and your ready to start hacking!
This is a BETA so you will encounter some bugs that I missed (especially in the later parts of the game where I didn't test as often as I should have). In case you encounter something please make a screenshot and post about it in the BUGS forum.
- Added e-mail attachment to save file
- Fixed a bug that caused the News screen to disappear
- Fixed a bug that caused the Save button on the Map interface to not work
- Fixed a minor truncation bug on the News items
- Added a missing game over screen
- Fixed a bug that caused the App Menu to not update correctly
- Optimized the file server/gateway system
- Fixed a bug that caused the deletion of the wrong file
- Fixed a bug that caused file apps to close when changing tabs on the Files Manager
- Fixed a bug that caused the LAN elements to not update correctly
- Fixed a bug that caused the file servers unable to receive files
- Fixed a bug with the Security screen
- Added a case for the Security screen when there is no security installed
- Fixed a bug that caused the infected systems to not be displayed on the fullscreen Map
- Fixed a crash in the E-Mail window
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Not enough space" pop-up to not appear when uploading files
- Fixed a bug on the file server that made it show an incorrect amount of free space
- Fixed a crash when editing notes or other text boxes
- Removed the apps from the E-Mail attachment menu (except for the mission critical ones)
- Changed the timing of the mission generation frequency
- Made the readonly account on servers actually be useful
- Fixed a bug that caused servers to not reset their bypassed security systems
- Added a the version number in the About window
- Fixed some typos