Release of version 0.9 of The Power of Fire which contains many many bug fixes and many more English translations as well as new maps. Please click "Read more" for detailed information!
This is version 0.9 of The Power of Fire. It contains many more English translations than the previous versions. Besides, the other maps are translated into English as well. Nearly all NPCs have now German sound recordings. Furthermore, many new maps have been added and countless bugs have been fixed.
Yet, it is still an alpha version of the modification, so bugs might occur and some parts are still not finished.
Make as many different savegames as possible. They might be big, especiall for the map Talras, but space is cheap today. When a savegame gets corrupted or a bug occurs, you still have your old savegames!
How to install:
- Download the .exe file, start it and select your Warcraft III The Frozen Throne installation folder.
- Install everything into the folder.
- Either start the modification by the desktop link "The Power of Fire", the link in the Warcraft III The Frozen Throne folder or the file TPoF.exe in the same folder.
How to play:
- For the singleplayer campaign go to "Custom Campaigns" and select "The Power of Fire 0.9" for the English campaign or "Die Macht des Feuers 0.9" for the German campaign.
- DO NOT USE THE MENU "Singpleplayer" -> "Campaign". The map will start but you cannot change the map after the first chapter.
- For the multiplayer just host a game and select the map "The Power of Fire" -> "en" -> "Arena" for example.
- Don't select "Teach me the witch song." for the NPC Mathilda.
- When changing from the map Dornheim to the World Map it might crash sometimes during loading (not exactly reproducible), so save before changing to the World Map.
- Some maps are missing a second force and therefore cannot be hosted in the multiplayer (error message of Warcraft).
- Some spells that won't be casted because of an error message like "Target must be Undead." use the mana although they are not casted.
- Some tooltips of spells have wrong values or 0 in them.
Far too many changes have been made since the previous release of version 0.8. You can check out the repositories on GitHub to see most of the changes (excluding resource files such as models, textures and sounds etc.):
- Advanced Script Library (the core systems only): Github.com
- The Power of Fire (the game systems as well as the content): Github.com
- The full English translation: Many tooltips, units and items are still not translated. The quality of the current English translation is not that good. I mainly used Google Translate. Keep in mind that I am the only translator.
- The new maps are not quite finished yet. Some quests and story is still missing.
- Improved performance: The long loading time and lags during the game could be reduced.
- Showing the current level of spells in the spell book when learning them. Icons with the current level on it will be added in a later version, so you can easily see what levels your spells have.
- Full sound recordings: The main character as well as some other NPCs do still need German sound recordings.
- "Singleplayer" -> "Campaign" does already provide a chapter but you cannot change the map. This should work in a later version although only one language could be provided here. Otherwise, I would have to provide two different installation setups: one for English and another one for German.
Many other bugs and missing features are listed in this file: Github.com