This is a Beta Version of Pax Americana. I hope you enjoy it, please provide feedback, your opinion and any criticism to help with development. If you would like to help with the mod either with contributing or joining the Dev team send me a PM and we can sort things out.
I'd just like to give a big thanks to the newest addition to the Pax Americana team, Madog117. He'll be helping out on several tasks that you'll see in the upcoming versions of Pax.
This patch is mean't to addresses most of the issues with v 0.92 and has some extra content that was meant to be released with v1.0.
Prior to installing if you have a older version of Pax Americana go to your documents/paradox interactive/hearts of iron III/pax americana folder.
Delete the Graphics,Logs and Map folder.
To Install the mod:
1) Extract the ZIP to you HOI3/tfh/mod/ folder
2) Run the Hearts Of Iron 3 launcher, check mark Pax Americana and launch the game
Note: This mod and many HOI3 mods do not work on MAC unless ran on a VM running Windows.
If you don't have Podcat's TFH.exe, please download it here Drive.google.com It's a modifier hoi3_tfh.exe that allows the game to use more RAM. The mod won't run without it as it exceeds the ~2GB limit of the vanilla EXE. Just replace the old hoi3_tfh.exe, it wont cause any issues with the vanilla game or other mods.
New to Pax Americana?
Don't forget to visit the Paradox Website to get access to weekly/monthly dev builds
- Updated Saudi Ministers & oob
- New unit Lightly Armoured Infantry to represent IFV's (Stryker IFV) compared to mechanized infantry using APC's (M2 Bradley). They'll have the firepower & supply/fuel consumption of an APC but the defense of a motorized division or worse.
- 95% of techs have been localized.
- Updating Iran's OOB, the YAMDAM one is as accurate as it will get, the one in the game is the same as Wikipedias info. Updating unit models tho.
- Added Midget Submarines
- Fixed armored engine GUI bug.
- Updated Iranian ministers
- Updated Turkeys OOB.
- Forest Equipment' tech has a difficulty of 20 while all the other equipment tech have 10 - Fixed
- believe personally that much of the future tech (like railguns, adaptive camo, the nano-something armor) should be pushed into the future a bit more. - Pushed to 2019 for now.
- Artillery gun tech added
- Missile tech in the bomber tab currently doesn't unlock any units but the warhead and propulsion tech do provide upgrades. - removed
- Infantry AA and Light/Heavy AT are able to be built without their respective tech to unlock them. - Fixed
- Sea provinces in the Black Sea and Mediterranean (I didn't notice any other areas) have strange names that seem to be Arabic-named. Maybe some province ID conflicts going on there. - Fixed
- Around 90% of the world's countries drift heavily towards China "due to relations" although I hadn't seen any countries actually join them - Was resolved when ISIS joining NATO was fixed
- Anti Tank Ordinance' tech is difficulty 9 while the rest of the Art., AA, AT tech are all difficulty 2. - adjusted
- The anti tank tech in the modern tab don't provide any upgrades to the heavy AT battalion. - Fixed
- (Personal suggestion) Artillery probably should have it's own separate "High Velocity Gun" tech so it can upgrade. Currently being tied to the same tech as the tank guns, and not allowing tanks to upgrade means artillery can't either. - Added a Arty Gun tech
- The 'Guided Missile Upgrade' tech for small ships has requirements that can't be met. The electronic tech 'Passive Radar,' 'Active Electric Radar,' 'Guidance Systems,' 'Networking,' and 'GPS' in particular are required to be like level 2 or 3 or 4 when they can only be researched to level 1. - Fixed
- Updated NATO to 2015 status
- Added in the EU, EU members all have a EU core in their capital. If a EU member declares war on another EU member the war will end immediately.
- Madog117 has done some localization
- New events for Turkey & Iran
- Players can declare war on ISIS in March of 2016, this is temporary