This is Luna, the pilot map to the Sol Map Pack. Luna is set upon the landing site for the Apollo 17 lunar lander mission.
"Alliance/Republic forces are sent out into the dark reaches of deep space to investigate a derelict Corellian Corvette that went missing near the satellite "Luna" of Terra in the Sol System, with Imperial/Separatist hostiles following closely behind."
This is the pilot map to the Sol Map Pack. As most of you probably already know, LUNA, Terra's one and only natural satellite, has been studied by astronomers and eventually explored by astronauts for quite a large number of years, and this map is set upon the landing site from the Apollo 17 lunar landing mission. Although the map isn't an exact copy of the landing site, it is a close representation - give or take a few Star Wars props here and there.
THIS MAP CURRENTLY FEATURES:
- Modes including Conquest and XL,
- Low-gravity combat, the first map to accomplish such a feat,
- Auto-piloted bombers and assault craft,
- Visually-modified sides in both eras,
- Vehicles (AT-TE, Spider Walker, AT-AT, and more),
- An Apollo Lunar Lander prop,
- Realistically named geographic locations of the landing site,
- A rather eerie, yet beautiful soundscape, and
- BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!...
MAP/REAL LANDING SITE DIFFERENCES:
It is not very likely that there is a downed Corellian Corvette on our very own Luna. Not only that, but there probably aren't Star Wars factions brawling up there either...
- The music in this map has been replaced with an eerie, yet beautiful soundscape; every map in the Sol Map Pack will have its own unique soundscape to replace the music.
- Auto-piloted flyers are only present in offline matches; this is due to a crashing issue online.
- The lunar lander model is not missing textures; the white that you see is the gross texture that NASA included.
- OH BOY, an easter egg hunt?!
- Don't get scared...
- When you try to load this map after the first time you have launched it after having started Star Wars Battlefront II, this map will crash; however, it does not need to be the first map played right after launching the game.
- Luke Skywalker is...weird. He has the award pistol and shoots dead corpses just like the rest of the Alliance; the reason for this is because in order to have him use the Rebel "space trooper" unit mesh, I had to use the Rebel Soldier as a ClassParent, which inherited everything that the Rebel Soldier uses, including voiceovers as well as weapons.
- Whoever else decided to play any of the public betas. |:D but4specifically...: