This utility allows PC gamers to have access to most of the same cheat and debugging features that Blood Omen 2 supports.
This utility allows PC gamers to have access to most of the same cheat and debugging features that Blood Omen 2 supports. It includes most of the same effects as the 'Codes (Playstation 2 Cheat Device)' article lists (with the exception of the "All Dark Gifts" and "Walk Through Walls" codes) as well as some others that I never implemented as cheat device codes. The Blood Omen 2 Control Station supercedes BO2 Hax0r and BO2_INVCHEAT which were listed on the old version of The Lost Worlds, as it provides all of their functionality and much more. Some of the more useful features are:
- Immunity to water.
- Infinite Rage.
- Unbreakable weapons.
- The ability to start in almost any area of the game.
- Display debugging messages, including the numerous Star Wars references.
- Display the NPC attitude dot discussed in the Stealth article.
- Toggle environmental and character lighting on and off.
- Toggle the UI on and off.
The UI toggle and start anywhere aspects are useful when combined to start in the Bonus Mode area, as otherwise the doorways warp you to the destination, but with a black box across the entire screen. Using the Bonus Mode area in this way allows Kain to have the Iron Armour but to pick up other weapons.Usage:
- Put all of the program files somewhere you will be able to find them again, e.g. C:\Program Files\Blood Omen 2 Control Station\.
- Run the program.
- Choose some options, save, then start Blood Omen 2.
- You must have at least version 2.0 of the .NET Framework installed.
- Blood Omen 2 only reads the configuration file when it starts, so you must quit out of the game entirely and then start it back up in order to changes to take effect.
- This application modifies the configuration file extensively. If you wish to revert back to the version that came with the game, use the "Revert" button.
- The "Start In" options control which area of the game Kain starts a new game in. Not all of them load correctly (this is noted in the descriptions). Some of them do not load the surrounding areas, so it is not possible to move on to the next area from them.
- There are more configuration options listed in game.erg than are visible in the Control Station interface. Change those other options are your own risk.