The new updated AoD 1.01 mod has been released. We didn't put the first version as it had some pirate overpowering problem. Anyway, a great mod from Dale. Check file details for details of course.
Welcome to the Age of Discovery II!
Welcome to the age of conquistadors, colonisation, puffy European Kings, Indian wars and buccaneers!
As an expansion to Civ4: Colonization the Age of Discovery II aims to enhance, add to and complete the game.
AoD2 hopes to take the C4C experience to new heights by adding Portugal and Pirates as new playable nations, complete with unique traits and units. The Dutch merchantmen is replaced by the Dutch Fluyt unique unit, and the Portuguese Caravel is replaced with the Portuguese Carrack unique unit. Whilst slower than caravels, they have bigger cargo holds.
New maps have been included. The Colonization I map is a direct copy of the original games map (with random natives, goods and ruins). The second map is the Columbus Dream map. What if Columbus was right? When you hold the Declaration of Independance, your flag will change from the European flag to a new flag (eg: from England to Betsy Ross). The PatchMod has also been add to eliminate bugs from the game, rebalance and expand certain concepts.
I have also created a system whereby map makers can define what region of the world their maps cover, chosen from a combination of: North America, South America, Africa, Pacific and Asia. In addition, natives can be set to appear in one or more of those regions. So you can now force the Inca to only appear on maps defined as covering South America.
1. Download AoDII from here.
2. Unzip to your C4C \Mods\ folder. A new folder called \AgeOfDiscoveryII\ will be created.
3. Run C4C and load AoDII from the ADVANCED --> MODS menu.
4. After the game restarts you will be playing AoDII (Main menu will display "Age of Discover II" top-right hand corner).
This is version 1.01 and is stable. The Mod is in early development phase so please reports bugs and suggestions in this thread. Thanks.
* Cheat Menu (CTRL-SHIFT-Z):
* AI Autoplay options
* Add gold options
* Devout: +25% Cross production
* Added Carrack (replace caravel): 3 move, 3 strength, 3 cargo - unique unit for Portuguese
* Added Fluyt (replace caravel): 3 move, 3 strength, 3 cargo - unique unit for Dutch
* Added Pirate Ship (replace Privateer): 4 move, 4 strength, 3 cargo - unique unit for Pirates
* Added Pirate colonist: 1 move, 0 strength, SOLDIER default profession
* Added formations for units.
* Added New Portugal - colour DARK PURPLE
* Prince Henry Aviz: Charismatic (Thanks Ekmek for LH)
* Martim de Sousa: Co-operative (Thanks C.Roland for LH)
* Civ trait: Devout
* Portuguese Leader Diplomacy texts
* Added Portugal Europe - colour PURPLE (Portugal LH from Civ4)
* Added Pirates Empire - colour BLACK
* Henry Morgan: Resourceful (Thanks Amra for LH)
* Pirates have recruitment (Pirate Soldier randomnly appears in Pirate cities)
* Civ trait: Militaristic
* Added new tag in Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml: bPirates - indicates this Civ is a Pirate Civ (for specific processing)
* Added new tag in Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml: RevArtDefineTage - what the Civs art definition is changed to on revolution
* Added revolution flags for all Civs (England - BetsyRoss, France - Quebec, Spain - Argentina, Netherlands - Netherlands Antilles, Portugal - Brazil)
* Added Colonization I map (random bonuses and Indian placement)
* Added Columbus Dream map (random bonuses and Indian placement)
* Added ability to sail to the east or west coast (if known) from Europe.
* Regional Natives:
* Added new region tags in Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml
* bAsianNative - indicates this Civ is a Asian Native (for specific processing)
* bNAmericanNative - indicates this Civ is a North American Native (for specific processing)
* bSAmericanNative - indicates this Civ is a South American Native (for specific processing)
* bAfricanNative - indicates this Civ is a African Native (for specific processing)
* bPacificNative - indicates this Civ is a Pacific Native (for specific processing)
* Added new region tags in WBS files
* Added ability to define world regions in the map and which Natives appear in those regions
* Dutch Europe colour to ORANGE
* Changed Dutch start unit to Fluyt (from Merchantman)
* Map changes:
* Changed number of nations on all World sizes.
* World dimensions doubled (effective 4 times playing area).
* Religion/Immigration changes:
* Immigration threshold increase 20% (from 25%).
* Docks hurry costs have a set maximum (currently 2000, will change).
* Establishing missions now have an increasing failure chance based on success missions and difficulty.
* Converted natives can no longer become missionaries.
* REF changes (increased start size, reduced growth rate)
* Tripled size of starting REF.
* REF threshold increase percent 20% (from 10%).
* REF threshold start 150 (from 75).
* Added iKingUnitThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented. This allows the REF increases to be modified by an XML edit. This will currently be left at 100% (normal), until further testing can be done to determine appropriate levels. Increases base incremental percent (10%) by fraction of (value/100).
* Added iKingGoldThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented. This allows the REF to change due to paying King money demands to be modified per difficulty (default == 50). This effects the REF threshold, rising it in relation to the amount of gold given to the King. This slows REF growth by kissing his pinky.
* Units on the way to, or in Europe get intercepted by the King when you declare independance.
* Education changes:
* Reduced education threshold increase from 20% to 10%.
* Multiple colonists can graduate each turn.
* Unit changes:
* Changed caravel: 4 move (from 3)
* Colonists can now join cities after moving (like founding cities). Does not include outside jobs such as scout, military, pioneer, missionary.
* Can now set profession after moving (like clear profession).
* Converted native can no longer be educated at Indian settlements (can be trained at school as normal).
* Units cannot be made a soldier/dragoon and attack the same turn (eliminates an exploit).
* Interface changes:
* Warnings: Out of raw good for processing warning.
* Warnings: Almost out of space warning.
* Other changes:
* Can't declare war against another European Civ for the first 20 turns.
* European horses tripled in price.
FIXES: (All from PatchMod)
* King no longer increases taxes after WoI.
* King no longer increases REF after WoI.
* King no longer requests gold after WoI.
* Tax rises less often in Marathon and Epic games.
* King's navy cannot enter native settlements.
* Only coastal cities with specified good mentioned in party text.
* AI will now use King's Transports after turn 90 for treasures if it doesn't have a galleon
* AI will load and take treasure to Europe from uncolonised continents (before they just sat there forever).
* AI now arms units in Europe and transports them to become standing defenders of the colonies.
* AI now correctly pursues massive armament during lead-up to revolution (previously only did this on declaration of independance meaning it only got one turn to buy an army).
* AI is now capable of winning Indian wars and the War of Independance
* AI start locs no longer in order from top to bottom of map (randomised).
* Humans no longer start in the same start loc.
* Europe Sea Zone fix to one third of the way in from the map edge and 4 tiles from coast
* Regenerating map now resets REF (previously, every regeneration increased REF by initial size. EG: 8/4/4/4 to 16/8/8/8).
* Europe sea zone now removed from map when plot erased (noticeable in Map Regeneration).
* Start locations on random maps spread out more (increased iRange index from 10 to 40 in CvPlayer::startingPlotRange()).
* AI will settle correctly in user-made custom scenarios.
* Terrain double movement from promotions now works fully (eg: Swamp Fox II wasn't applying to marsh even though it was set to).
* Units unstack when entering native training (eliminates screwy behaviour).
* Units unstack when going to/from Europe (eliminates screwy behaviour).
* Easier to get Great Generals in Marathon and Epic games.
* Defensive bonus for armed natives fixed to match unarmed natives (mounted/unmounted reversed).
* Blockaded goods no longer counted against tax rise threshold.
* Warehouse expansion sales now count towards total traded amounts (not previously counted).
* Natives only change desired good when supplied with that good (previously was any good would reset desired good).
* GG concept entry no longer talks about free upgrades and retaining full experience when doing so.
* FF's and Traits boosting native relations now correctly mentions auto-peace with natives.
* Renamed to Colonizopedia as it was in Col1.
* Cargo now takes the number of berths in ships as defined in Civ4UnitInfos.xml via tag iBerthSize. (EG: Treasure now fills 6 berths of a ship)
* Missionaries now produce converts for a PLAYER not a NATION (eliminates converts confused which player to go to when two players same nation).
* Exploration points now correctly scale for gamespeed.
* Pilgrim king gives you a free ship if you lose your final ship (regardless of gold remaining).