A mod for the Call of Duty 2 (2005) single-player campaign that adds 1000 surnames and new ranks for the randomly generated soldiers of the British faction.
---British Surnames & Ranks - CoD2 Single-Player Mod---
- Added 1000 surnames for the British Army (from 60 surnames to 1060); the pool comprehends English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish surnames.
- Changed the way the surnames are picked; in the base game the way the names of the NPCs are chosen follows a sequence, while with this mod the process is completely randomized.
- Added the ranks of Lance Corporal (L/Cpl.) and Staff Sergeant (S/Sgt.); also the abbreviation of the rank of Private is changed to Pte. in accord with the British nomenclature.
- The percentages of every rank to spawn are as follow: Private 45%, Lance Corporal 24%, Corporal 18%, Sergeant 10%, Staff Sergeant 3%.
- In the missions set in France, the rank of the randomly generated soldiers will be based on the rank showed on their uniforms.
- Copy & paste or extract the zzbrit_names_mod.iwd file into your Call of Duty 2/main folder. You can also just copy & paste the _names.gsc file into the iw_07.iwd file that can be found into the Call of Duty 2/main folder, but since you are replacing an existing file remember to make a copy of the original _names.gsc file, otherwise the latter will be lost.
- If you find a misspelling, do not hesitate to let me know! I did all of this by myself and I tried to be as precise as possible, but I am a human after all!
- I am probably going to make a similar mod for every faction in the game, so if you like this one, stay tuned!
A HUGE thank you to britishsurnames.co.uk, I made an extensive use of it for this mod!