While version 1.5 of the master server patch seems to be quite a hit, we're getting signals that some of you can't access the server list in game. The following video is a tutprial on how to play AvP2 online, using Gamespy and the master server patch (version 1.3 or higher).
Using Gamespy and the master server patch video - AvP2 - Project "Savior" Mod for Aliens vs. Predator 2 - Mod DB
The steps performed are:
- Right-click on 'Aliens vs. Predator 2' in the games list and select 'Options'
- Click on the button 'Advanced Options', to have access to the command line parameters that are passed to the game egine
- Paste in the following text (without the quotes): "-rez AvP2 -rez AvP2.rez -rez multi.rez -rez sounds.rez -rez avp2p.rez -rez avp2p1.rez -rez avp2p5.rez"
- Click OK
- In the server list, either double-click a server, or select it and click the "Join" button
- When being asked wether to start the game using Gamespy settings or not, click on the 'YES' button
One thing to be stressed, you will be able to join servers only if you're using the master server patch version 1.3 or higher.