- Your Freelancer Multiplayer Identication Number (MPID) - Important, it may be required.
- Latest Shattered Worlds:War-torn Client
- If you are running Vista, you need to have SP2 installed and run all of these applications with "Administrator" rights
Note: The locations where you can acquire these things are given within these instructions in the order they are needed.
- 1) Install Freelancer. If you do not have a copy of Freelancer you can purchase it from Amazon, Target or Play dot com dot uk (Click on name to go to store)
Ensure you have no autosaves in your "My Documents\My Games\Freelancer"
folder, you may rename or delete the Freelancer Folder, Shattered
Worlds will create a new folder automatically when the game is played. - this is important, save files from different versions of Freelancer are not compatible with each other.
Downloading and Installing Mod
- 3) Download the Shattered Worlds:War-Torn Mod found . Be advised, you will have to register to download the mod.
- 4) When the Mod Download is completed, "double-click" the icon. This will start the SWWT Mod Installer. - Important, do not attempt to have the client install into the same folder as your Freelancer installation.
- 5) Follow the directions found on the SWWT Mod Installer
- 6) Once the mod has been installed. You will now have several new desktop shortcuts.
- 7) Now everything is set up and ready to go.... All that is needed is a brief familiarization of the rules
- Faction/Clan Creation Rules -Required if you are going to start a faction or clan
- Conquest Model and Faction/Clan Territorial Engagement Rules - Required if you are are a faction or clan leader
Launch Freelancer using the SWWT specific icons installed on your
desktop. If you have widescreen, it is HIGHLY recommended that you use
the Widescreen client.
- 9) At the main menu Click on the Multiplayer button
- 10) Click LAN or Internet (it dont matter now that you properly set up direct connect)
- 11) Join the Shattered Worlds:War-Torn Server. Have fun!!
If anyone has any questions or suggested improvements to this tutorial visit the: