<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> 12.00 </xml><xml> Normal 0 false false false EN-MY X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 </xml><xml> </xml> Basic Instructions
Instructions for a first time installation
1. Download the full release of your choice.
2. Decompress the archive in a NEW folder of your choice.
- Do NOT attempt to merge this version with ANY OTHER version of Frets on Fire, including previous "MFH-Alarian" or "MFH" mods - the structure has changed significantly. FoFiX is a standalone game - not a mod or a patch.
3. Start the game.
- Windows: run FoFiX.exe
- GNU/Linux or MacOS X: run FoFiX
4. Set your settings.
5. Set your song folder.
- The first time you attempt to play you will be prompted to find your songs folder.
- It must be named songs but it may be outside the game folder structure.
Getting your GH/RB controller to work
Please see Game Controllers.
Patch install instructions
While a patch is available for Windows 3.0xx->3.100, we recommend you download the full version.
IMPORTANT If you don't know how to open the .RAR compressed archives properly, consider 7-zip.
You can find a list of additional, up-to-date themes for FoFiX here. This is the most comprehensive list of themes known.
After downloading and extracting a new theme, move the theme's folder (which should be named after the theme you downloaded - such as "MegaLight" or "Starz") into your /data/themes folder. It should appear alongside your "MegaLight", "MegaLight GH3" and "UberLight" theme folders, and should be selectable under "Theme Settings" for use in-game.
PLEASE NOTE if you cannot get a basic version of Frets on Fire working, FoFiX will not fix your problem. We will not help you get the game working - there are plenty of support threads on this forum that can help you troubleshoot.