And no, you can't make us go away.
For those of you lacking devotion to the dev team, forshame! Slowly but surely, the short handed staff is making segway on Defiance. Here is a brief list of enhancements and additions to look forward to:
* updated death sequences that allow you to see your corpse discarded as you die; and you can see your own death
* corpses can be blown up by grenades
* corpses fade out after 5 seconds of lying on the ground (possibility to add a server side cvar for the lifetime)
* corpses will float and bob in water
* debris moves slower in water than in the air
* added flf2's flash bang effect for opengl users, d3d and software (which is not supported) use standard screenfade effects
* tweaked the sparks to look better
* voice icon animated
* footstep sounds have been re-worked and more surfaces have been added
* almost all hl single player entity sounds have been, or still are being replaced, ranging from buttons to fans to lifts and doors.
* ladders can have different material types for different climbing sounds, (metal, wood, rope, chain link fence and vines)
* team-icons have been repaired repaired
* ducking system has been changed; your view now slides up as well as down
* player models can now animate the duck sequence
* if you do a hard-land, the player model has a sequence for landing
* different surfaces in game affect how much damage you take when as you fall; for example, concrete will do 70% more damage, snow will do 0 damage
* all maps support custom material file scripts for an additional 188 texture definitions beyond the default materials file
* all maps can use custom debris sprites, so the debris can match some of the maps textures
* added a custom recoil system, and adjusted the way accuracy performs on all guns
* hk21 and ksp90 can be "deployed" at special points in the map which allows them to function as if you are prone. -deploy is instant, and there are and will not be any animations for deploying/undeploying (flf is fairly fast paced remember)
* if you are climbing a ladder and you press duck you "slide" down it. (kinda like what you see in some action movies except there's no player animation [because of how half-life ladders work])
* added CTF gameplay mode Similar to TFC's in that you capture at a capture point instead of the flag, but you can return flags by touching them, and the system isn't as customizable as TFC because Defiance is not TFC =)
* CTF maps can use custom sounds, loaded automatically
* added support for FLF2's 32bit TGA texture functionality; however it may not end up being used.
Keep checking back for more news and updates!