Our Windowmaker Update is now live and we’ve re-written the ‘Robocraft Spotter’s Handbook’ with the introduction of a new Teamsight game mechanic along with a new all-purpose, all-seeing Windowmaker Module and an ‘epic’ new weapon – the Chain Splitter.
Along with the new additions to the game, we’ve made a few changes and fixed some bugs; all the details are below.
- Teamsight - All enemy robots that are visible on player’s screen are in “spotted” state and are shown on the HUD and in-game minimap. A player will remain "spotted" until they are obscured by map geometry; after which point they will remain "spotted" for one second. Any target visible to a team member is also in the “spotted” state for all teammates. All Teamsight information is sent to all team players every one second.
- Windowmaker Module - This exciting new module will display the location of all 'live' players on the opposing team for a set period of time (see data below). The location of the opposing team players will appear on both the HUD and in-game minimap to all players on your team. Any enemies that are 'off-screen' will be displayed in the in-game HUD as an arrow pointing to their location. Any opposing players who are cloaked are immune to the module's power.
- Windowmaker Module data:*
- Classification: Legendary
- CPU: 150
- Health: 37,800
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
- Effect duration: 7.5 seconds
- Activation cost: 2,000 energy
- Chain Splitter Weapon - This new weapon is lighter than its bigger brother The Chain Shredder; it requires less CPU and is significantly smaller so it should be both more versatile and more viable for smaller builds.
- Chain Splitter Weapon data:*
- Classification: Epic
- CPU: 165
- Health: 74,498
- Damage per hit: 13,906 (same as Chain Shredder)
- Energy per second: 2,333 (same as Chain Shredder)
- Max fire rate count: 4 guns (to get max fire rate with CPU investment similar to 2 Chain Shredders)
- Max fire rate: 19.05 per second (5% lower than for 2 Chain Shredders)
- Single gun fire rate: 13.33 per second (14% lower than with 1 Chain Shredder, due to lower CPU cost)
- Note: 2 Chain Splitters provide 5% lower fire rate than 1 Chain Shredder – similarly to the max fire rate described above
- Removal of all current Radar parts from the game (including Radar, Receiver and Jammers)**
- Removal of manual spotting functionality via 'Q' keybind
- Updated Italian language translations in-game
- Moved all Electroshields from Weapons to Special category in the forge/recycle/inventory screens
- Change end of Clan season screen top bar to just display "End of Season X" [where X is the last season number]
- Fixed a bug which prevented the Carbon 6 Thruster from glowing
- Fixed a visual bug which caused the ice around a Tower on the Spitzer Dam map to Flicker
- Fixed a visual bug which caused the base of League Badges to flash black every few seconds
- Fixed the sharpness on the Altimeter text at low quality settings
- Fixed a visual bug which prevented the Weapon Energy Module from glowing
- Fixed missing blue textures on Nanos
- Fixed a graphical glitch near the South base on the Birmingham Power station map
- Fixed a bug which caused Hover blades not to show the team colour correctly
- Fixed the boundary collision on the Tithonium Canyon map
*Please note all these stats are accurate at time of writing, we reserve the right to change these pending further internal tests.
**With the removal of these parts, players with an existing inventory will receive 100% of their forge cost. Any Robots in a player's garage bays that contain these parts will have those parts removed from any affected Robots. Also, any Robots in the CRF that contain these items will be removed from the CRF.