I wanted to take a moment of your time to let you know why Illyriad (pronounced Ill-EE-ree-add) is one of the most unique MMOs out there. It's a boast, sure, but it's true. Why do I say that?
Here are five reasons:
1) Illyriad is a living, breathing world: Unlike many other MMOs or MMORTS', Illyriad's map doesn't have static NPCs that sit there, waiting to be "farmed." Our NPCs move, migrate, mate, reproduce, die, attack each other and have predator and prey relationships. Our seasons change the gameplay. Cities come and go and players hold territory. The world map is over 8 million squares strong and takes days of real-life time to cross! All players are on one server that never resets. There are no "win" scenarios here.
2) Illyriad does not sell power: We don't sell troops or goods or resources, although players are free to trade 380+ resources and items in an entirely player-driven market. Our 400+ technology research tree cannot be sped up with real world money. It's a world where skill, strategy and inter-alliance politics can be more important than the size of your army.
3) Illyriad can be played on anything: Because the game is HTML5, you can play the game in any browser. If you prefer, we also have a Windows 8 app and a Chrome Webstoreoffering as well. We are always working on new ways to interact with the game.
4) Illyriad offers real choices and consequences: If you don't play your cards right you might end up with a razed city and need to start from scratch. If you do play your cards right, your alliance will make sure that doesn't happen.
5) Illyriad offers a mature community: While we like to brag about our sometimes hardcore, FFA PvP content, we do not tolerate hate speech, bullying, hacking, botting or otherwise crappy behavior. You can be very competitive and free to have as many enemies as you want, but you are not allowed to bring real life into it. This is a game, and we want to keep it that way. Our playerbase reflects this attitude. They are open, friendly and very generous... but do not cross them or you'll have war! If you like gameplay that is often intense but is just as often friendly, strategic and immersive, check out Illyriad for free now!
Thanks for reading,