Lips of Suna isn't "release quality" yet. A review stated so, and it's true. So I set the release date into the future, where we hope to address some critical points of contention in the game. Unfortunately, this removed the review, which wasn't what I intended to do.
The nature of Open Source games are basically that they're available to play from the get go, to attract contributors. So you see a lot of roughness in the development process, things that games that take a closed approach to development won't show. This is an apparent drawback, but actually, anyone has the freedom to change things they think needs work, and submit them to us, or create their own game based on that work. Heck, even just written feedback helps, as it gives the developers priority on what to fix.
So yeah, give feedback guys. The next release will address these issues:
- Model Quality/Taste: Models will be improved, and nudity removed (or made optional)
- Tutorial that introduces you to the controls and features of the game
- Better help system to further make the game easier to play
- New shader system that speeds up the game, and gives the terrain a better atmosphere
- More architectural models to make constructions less blocky
- New enemies + fighting system
- Selectable spawn points