I realized today that I had sadly neglected Leap of Fate's page on IndieDB. But as they say, it's never too late to do good. So here's a little summary of what we have been up to.
First, in March 2016, we released Leap of Fate on Steam. We may not have been the most popular game ever, but those players that tried the game really liked it. In the following months, we produce three patches, including bug fixes and new features, mostly quality-of-life improvements. Lastly, we have added 2 new languages, graciously translated by fans, to bring the total to 9.
Then in August, we released the game on iOS, for both phones and tablets. There again, comments were extremely positive. Most players mentioned the quality of the control scheme and the fluidity of the game as great points, especially given that it's a fast-paced action game. We're currently finishing up the Android version which should come out very soon.
Here's a short list of achievements for Leap of Fate that make us proud :-)
- 80% Metacritic score
- 95% positive Steam reviews
- 4.5 stars on the App Store
- Kotaku says "Leap of Fate oozes style and a surprising amount of substance"
- The Escapist says "Leap of Fate is a brilliant, addictive experience"
- “Game of the Week!” – TouchArcade
- Finalist for Best mobile game, Best debut game, and Best character – Canadian Video Games Awards
So, that's it for the news. At Clever-Plays, we're now working on our next game, which we're not ready to announce yet. But it's a really original concept, and we're super excited about it!
See you next time.
Matt, and the Leap of Fate team