Sometimes it may look like the project is dead because I never talk much about what I do on the project. I decided to start documenting weekly about what I have done as a way to combat this.
This week there were a few issues with the forum that needed resolving and I spent time trying to rewrite all the documentation we lost on the old forum.
I started a discussion on the forums about creating the game's main menu screen. This is something that doesn't need much programming involvement and can be extremely creative, so if you like doing 2D art I suggest joining in the discussion or submitting some artwork to the forum.
The most important issue that I have been working on is backups. I'm making extra sure that we have backups of all our content this time including database as well as uploads from both our blog and forum.
Apart from the website I have also been fixing the debian packages for the new version of ubuntu, 9.10. I use these packages as dependencies when building the game. This time it wasn't as easy as just copying the packages over as canonical have upgraded some of the libraries. There is now the latest version of cegui and ois so it means I no longer have to package these up myself (yay). Unfortunately Ogre is still old and has vital things disabled. mygui hasn't been packaged up either which is still a problem.
Due to all this stuff I have not been able to squeeze any coding time in on the game. Hopefully next week will have some more progress on that front. I'm still where I was last week, fixing bugs in the networking code which is time consuming.