Warfront Defenders: Westerplatte is the first game of a series of tactical mini games based on WW2. The gameplay is a single player hybrid of Tower Defense and good-ol' RTS. Played on a diorama like map inspired from Battle of Westerplatte which marked the start of World War 2. Though this is not a chronological account of the battle, the gameplay and the tactics are heavily inspired from the proceedings of the historical battle and it's challenges are designed to remember the defenders of Westerplatte.
The Battle of Westerplatte was unique in many ways, and this game will try to reflect on that. Players can expect that they will be outnumbered, outgunned, but not out of tactics. Also, expect enemies with brains. They'll react to your strategies and apply counter strategies to break down your defenses. All you have is a handful of soldiers to stand in their way.
- A hybrid of Tower Defense and RTS Action.
- Experience dynamic destructible environments.
- Position your soldiers anywhere and use cover tactics
- Issue commands like fire at will, take cover and target specific enemies.
- Equip/Add health and Upgrade/Downgrade your soldiers during battle.
- Achievements and unlocks galore to keep you engaged for hours.
- Build fortifications, lay mines to slow down or kill enemies.
- Reactive enemy AI, changes strategies based upon your movement.
- Overwhelming bosses like Battleship Schleswig-Holstein and Stuka dive bombers.
- Polish language option
It's recently pitched on Steam GreenLight. Needs all of your support. Steam Greenlight Link