Warning: Always start a quickbattle after re-starting the game using the new version, before you launch a new campaign - and then exit the game back to the main menu immediately after the loading screen has finished after you have entered the battle-map. You don't have to play the actual battle but just load it up - this is required in order to launch a campaign in the new version - or the mod will throw you back to the main menu alternatively CTD (crash to desktop) - I've had this issue in Game of Thrones: Total War Enhanced in the past and i believe it is caused by too many things on the strategic-map!
It worked fine up until Tyrande got added but after started to require this to be done. Moving over the mod-changes to my other computer solved it with everything up until Tyrande - but after updating with the entire Night Elven strat-map and the rest of the previewed content - it even started to happen on there as well.
Other players have had to do this on the old release - so it could be both due to the map-changes and the computer - as they had old computers and more recent computers would take longer until this started to happen.
- So always start-up a quickbattle, then exit after the loading screen has finished loading - then launch the campaigns - if you exit a campaign you can start another one up immedieately. The mod will crash if you click on the Frozen Throne-campaign and then try to go to the Reign of Chaos-campaign without first starting up the FT-campaign.
1. You need to go into the folder named "Medieval II Total War" and then copy the file named "medieval2.exe" - then rename the copied file to kingdoms.exe. This is needed or the mod won't launch with Steam.
2. You do need to patch the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe with a program named "4gb patch" found at this link:
3. It's a program, extract it anywhere on your computer, then run it as an administrator - then browse to both .exe-files inside of the "Medieval II Total War"-folder and select one of them and click on "patch" - then repeat the process with the other one.
4. You need to have just one folder named "WTW" as in "Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\WTW - and then You'll start it by double-cllicking the executable.bat-file of the mod.
5. With the CD instead it would be "D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\WTW - and you'll still start it by double-clicking on the executable.bat-file.
Also, download the MedievalII.Preference-file that i did upload on here & place in main Medieval II Total War folder - replacing the old file there. This will enable you to play defensive battles in hotseat, as well as prevent a bug causing CTD when clicking buildings on the campaign - it will also make FMV's work.
WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THIS MOD WITH ADVISOR ON, NEVER CLICK ADVISOR - mod will CTD!
The 4gb patch found in the Warhammer: BotET-mod - it's required for the Warcraft beta to work i've been told. I have decided to upload it here so people won't have to download the entire BotET (Beginning of the End Times) submod for Call of Warhammer.
Patch your kingdoms.exe, and only do it once. It will make all heavy mods work and be more stable. Without the patch you may experience alot of crashes.
Join the new Discord here:
Warcraft: Total War: Official PUBLIC BETA V 2.2. (Updated 2021-05-04)
So a new temporary download has been uploaded and released called Warcraft: Total War V 2.1. It includes some changes including 69 brand-new strat-map models minimum since april 10th - 32 of which are new to this release on april 24th, changes to the map in the Frozen Throne-campaign especially - it has been overhauled and made more accurate to the timeline and to lore. Gameplay is always chosen over lore though.
I've re-uploaded the mod 2021-04-24 - and it's been updated with at least 69 new strat-models at minimum. It also has a few updates to both campaigns - removing any CTD-friendly unit and improving things. - Now it also has big changes to the Frozen Throne-campaign, and it has been changed over the entire map. 37 of the strat-models are the same as in the april 10th release - 32 new models.
New WIP-version includes:
1. Fixed Dryad Merchant - it's now in proper size and not tiny like in the april 10th release.
2. Added custom Ymirjar Champion generals to the Scourge - they have two in the RoC-campaign and 4 in the FT-campaign.
3. Added custom Banshee generals to the Scourge and the Forsaken - Sharlindra and Selas.
4. New Forsaken custom heroes and agents on the map as strat-map models - heroes include the Dreadlord Varimathras in the Frozen Throne-campaign, as well as the Banshee Sharlindra.
New Forsaken strat-map models:
I've fixed the silver surfer swords of the Forsaken Generals and Captains added in the latest public release. Besides that I've replaced the glitched agent in use by all the Forsaken agents.
Soldier = Forsaken Captain.
General (0) = Forsaken General.
Unique custom character (1) = Undead Sylvannas Windrunner.
Unique custom character (2) = Varimathras, the Dreadlord (Frozen Throne-campaign - belongs to the Burning Legion in RoC).
Unique custom character (3) = Sharlindra, the Banshee.
Spy = Reskin of the Banshee in use by the Scourge as the spy.
Assassin = Dark Ranger.
Priest = Aphotecary.
Diplomat = Aphotecary without a staff and hood and with a different face and different clothes.
Merchant = Abomination.
5. New Kraken-ship for the Naga/Illidari/Illidan's Naga - in use by the Naga on the campaign-map.
6. New High/Blood Elven strat-models (where in the prior Discord-only release) - the High Elves are only in the Reign of Chaos (RoC)-campaign while the Sin'Dorei/Blood Elves are in both campaigns - the later do spawn in the RoC-campaign and are playable in the Frozen Throne (FT)-campaign.
New Kingdom of Quel'Thalas/High Elves strat-map models:
Soldier = New Knights of Quel'Thalas replacing the old Elven Rangers.
General (0) = Old general by Bantu Chieftain.
Unique custom character (1) = Sylvannas Windrunner - now the only one with the blue ranger-skin on the map.
Unique custom character (2) = Prince Kael'Thas - the model is also shared with his Blood Elven character.
Unique custom character (3) = King Anasterian Sunstrider - using the Grand Magisters-model with the most fitting hairstyle.
Unique custom character (4) = Vereesa Windrunner - now using her own unique custom skin with green armor and grey hair.
Unique custom character (5) = Lor'Themar Theron - a Knight of Quel'Thalas general.
Unique custom character (6) = Halduron Brightwing and Thalorien Dawnseeker - two heroes who are Swordmasters and as such share the Sin'Dorei Swordmasters-model with the High Elven blue-skin.
Priest = Old Grand Magisters-model.
Merchant = Old High Elven male.
Diplomat = New Sorceress with the High Elven blue-skin..
Spy = Quel'Dorei Dawnseekers elite rangers.
Assassin = Bloodshade with the High Elven skin.
New Sin'Dorei/Blood Elves strat-map models:
Soldier = New Spellbreakers replacing the old Elven rangers.
General (0) = New Brightwing Vindicators - replacing the old general by Bantu Chieftain. This model ain't in the picture because I failed to spawn a general and didn't have patience waiting.
Unique custom character (1) = Vereesa Windrunner - using the red skin.
Unique custom character (2) = King Kael'Thas - the model is also shared with his High Elven character.
Unique custom character (3) = Lor'Themar Theron - using a Blood Knight-model now.
Unique custom character (4) = Halduron Brightwing - using the Sin'Dorei Swordmasters-model with the Blood Elven Red-skin.
Priest = Old Grand Magisters-model with the original Blood Elven skin.
Merchant = Old High Elven male with the original Blood Elven skin.
Diplomat = New Sorceress with the original Blood Elven red-skin..
Spy = New Elven Archers.
Assassin = Bloodshade with the original Blood Elven skin.
7. New Naga strat-models (where in the previous Discord-only release) - now with all their strat-models remade.
New Naga/Illidari/Illidan's Naga strat-map models:
Soldier = New blue Guardians of the Abyss with yellow tridents.
General (0) = Old female unique general - same as in battle.
Unique custom character (1) = Demon Hunter Illidan Stormrage.
Unique custom character (2) = Commander of the Naga forces, Lady Vashj.
Unique custom character (3) = Wrath of Azshara custom characters - in use by all the Naga custom characters except four.
Unique custom character (4) = Veehja - the Naga Sea Witch in Northrend - is using the same model as the merchant.
Unique custom character (5) = Naj'entus - the big Naga Royal Guard custom character.
Priest = New Naga Oracles.
Merchant = New Naga Sea Witch.
Diplomat = New Naga Medusa.
Spy = New Satyr Shadowstalkers.
Assassin = New Demonhunters.
8. New Burning Legion strat-map agents and generals including custom heroes - now with their models unique and no more Fel Orcs on the map or too many Dreadlord agents.
New Burning Legion strat-map generals and agents:
Soldier = New Fel Soldier.
General (0) = New Wrathguard.
Unique custom character (1) = New Pit Lord General in use by Azgalor and Mannoroth.
Unique custom character (2) = Old Dreadlord model in use by generals that are Dreadlords.
Unique custom character (3) = New Eredar General - in use by Dark Lord Archimonde - and in the Frozen Throne campaign in the future probably Kil'Jaeden..
Unique custom character (4) = New Kazrogal - a unique giant demon - he looks like a yellow Diablo with a giant red sword.
Priest = New Man'ari Warlock.
Merchant = New Demon Imp.
Diplomat = Old Dreadlord with a unique red skin.
Spy = New Beholder - a giant demonic eye.
Assassin = New Demon Succubus.
9. A remade Frozen Throne campaign with every continent and faction changed to better fit the FT-timeline.
- Gameplay changes in the FT-campaign includes:
1. Increased Scourge starting-garrisons in five settlements in Eastern Kingdoms.
2. New settlements at the start for the majority of the factions.
3. Alliances between the Horde, Theramore and the Night Elves in Kalimdor.
4. Lordaeron at war with the Blood Elves/Naga at the start.
5. Certain factions moved like the Naga and the Blood Elves have been moved from Eastern Kingdoms to Northrend - the Blood Elves still hold Silvermoon and the Sunwell in EK.
6. Stromgarde has Southshore and Lordaeron has Dalaran, Lordaeron only starts with Dalaran, Theramore has the Kul'Tiras Isle including Daelin and Tandred Proudmoore, Khaz'Modan has Menethil (harbor).
7. King Kael'Thas and Marshall Garithos Othmar have elite armies to better enable them to fight the elite Scourge-armies.
8. And besides these changes Death Knight Arthas now spawns in Northrend as well where he will besiege Ulduar held by the Blood Elves through a script.
All the "new" strat-map models are battle-models from 2018 - I haven't imported any models as I don't have that skill. I am converting the already imported battle-models into strat-map models. Something I've learnt how to do recently a few weeks ago.
Old Battle-map models - Bantu Chieftain and Eoghan Wolfkin.
New strat-map models - Mr_Nygren
Other changes, including the changes to the Frozen Throne-campaign - Mr_Nygren.
"Warcraft Total War is an unofficial modification with no profit for Medieval 2: Total War, a game developed by The Creative Assembly and published by SEGA. The Warcraft Total War modification is neither created nor affiliated, supported and endorsed by The Creative Assembly Limited, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. or SEGA Corporation.
Total War, Medieval 2: Total War and the Total War logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited in the United Kingdom and/or other countries. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
Warcraft® is ™ trademark or ® registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries. The Warcraft logo and Blizzard Entertainment logo are either ™ trademarks, ® registered trademarks and/or © Copyright of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries. All the marks, characters, character names, races, race names, units, unit names, factions, faction names, factions insignia, banners, names, symbols, places, place names, locations, location names, vehicles, vehicle names, images from and related to the Warcraft world are either ™ trademarks, ® registered trademarks and/or © Copyright of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries. No challenge intended to their status. All Rights reserved to their respective owners.
The "Warcraft: Total War: Official PUBLIC BETA 1.5" is not an attempt at a "World of Warcraft: Total War", - it is an attempt for a full release of a Warcraft Three (Third War) Total War."