We are proud to announce that Volgarr the Viking releases on Steam, Humble and GoG.com on September the 13th, 2013! This Friday!
About Volgarr the Viking:
Remember when games were tough? Return to the Golden Age of arcades with an all-NEW hardcore action experience that pulls no punches. Volgarr the Viking possesses all the hallmarks of the true classics - simple controls, high challenge, and meticulous design - combined with hand-made pixel animation, an epic soundtrack, and buckets of blood. Flex your gaming muscles and step into the arena with Volgarr the Viking. We dare you.
The game has these exciting features:
- Classic hardcore arcade action!
- Seven worlds to explore across 30+ maps
- 40+ unique traps and enemies, including screen-filling bosses
- Thousands of frames of handcrafted pixel animation
- Orchestrated soundtrack
- Meticulous control design with full customization
- Dinput and Xinput support for controllers
- Steam achievements and leaderboards
- Multiple paths through the game and multiple endings
- Epic retro style full color manual
A new trailer has been released for the launch of the game on the Steam page located here:
Be sure to read the epic manual located here:
The Humble version of the game provides one DRM Free copy of the game + a Steam Key! Located here:
The GoG.com store location can be found here once it is live: