As I've mentioned in a post on the front page of the Redux Mod, the next planned version of 1.2 is proving to be an ambitious one with more content and overhauls being added into the mod, so let me list off what will be featured for this upcoming version:
- The armour system has been overhauled. Three of the aircraft armours have been removed and replaced with four new armour types to help represent Armour and Toughness values that were absent in 1.0: Infantry A4 T4 for the Destroyer Lord (and potentially Wraithguard and the Hive Tyrant), Vehicle A4 T4 for Basilisks and Sentinels, Vehicle A3 T5 (withheld for Ork Battle Wagons), and Monster A4 T6 for Wraithlords (and eventually the Tyrannofex and Tyranid HQ). Not only that, the formula for calculating APD was changed to make armours more durable, resulting in an increase in prices, squad/support cap and build times for higher armour units.
- A system of upkeep has been added into the gameplay. This system taxes the player's requisition and power intake based on that unit's squad cap or support cap. The more of an army the player amasses, the less resources they generate.
- Damage values have been decreased for all weapons. This change is to decrease the likelihood of squads being deleted within seconds and to allow players to both recover better from battles and to pace their attacks. High armour units and armies like Space Marines have had even more damage reduction in weapons in favor of lasting power.
- The newest unit added in is the Ork Weirdboy, carrying over 11 unique fx from DoW2 as well as three new abilities. His role has replaced the Big Mek, being built from the Boyz Hut and being a detector commander. He has less armour and armour-piercing attacks in comparison but has more health and yields more damage. The Big Mek and his research has been carried over to the Mek Shop. The Weirdboy's abilities are Zzapp Ya, Warp Vomit and Foot of Gork, two of which require a new research specific to him.
- This update includes 21 new fx (primarily updating Flamers, Shuriken Cannons, Autocannons and deep strike markers), 6 tuned up vanilla maps, a new 8 player map being Arx Haustrum, the addition of the Thousand Sons army for Chaos with an included banner and newly refined and painting portraits for Orks.
- As many have seen in the images, the UI is being completely overhauled to mirror a layout similar to Dawn of War 2's HUD. Thanks to Miro's coding, the UI can compress all of DoW's UI elements into the bottom right corner. Selecting a unit will bring up a taskbar that includes all of the specific features for that unit such as leaders, attachable units, weapon upgrades and abilities while selecting a structure will bring up the 15 grid icon system for unit production and researches. Orks are also getting their own taskbar theme to go along with the new portraits.
- Aviation is being FIXED! Aircraft should no longer be stuck on terrain by the release of 1.2. Thanks to the input of TranspersonalPsy, a solution has been offered through advanced editing of each individual map. Not only that, but aircraft will be able to move over any terrain possible and will not adhere to the rules of the impass map that ground units follow. To top this off, a new code was added courtesy of Thudmeizer to the AI which allows them to jump units that get stuck in bases or certain locations. Falcons, Raiders, Land Speeders or Crisis Battlesuits will now jump out of enclosed areas.
- Not a guaranteed inclusion but a rework of the Necron Warrior is in development to mirror the 9th edition miniature appearance, including randomized heads and cable extensions. The goal will also be to feature a Gauss Reaper weapon upgrade to the squad. There's been a few unforeseen problems with modeling tools so there's no promise that the model will be integrated but an attempt is being made. To add to this, 1.2 also features the Necron voices found from the Unification mod with permission granted from Kekoulis.