And by Ahskul what a journey this has been so far. Speaking of which, there is a bit of a parallel here that could be drawn between caravans trudging across a barren, post-apocalyptic dark fantasy world and a tiny studio scrambling to deliver a huge open world game but we let's not go there on this fine day! :D
What's truly important in this whole journey is that it would not have been possible without the continued, constructive, persistent support of so many of you, the players. Everyone who spent hours and hours delving into the Early Access, everyone who dropped a few kind words or a review of the game, shared posts, talked to friends about Vagrus, sent bug reports, pointed out typos, and of course, bought the game - you are what made all this work worth it. If you could keep this up by playing the game and sharing this post we would be eternally grateful.
Size and Content
With companion questlines, a new companion, and a new region, the game grew by about 30-35% compared to the last public Early Access build, with a lot of UI and feature improvements. Because of this large amount, there are certainly still glitches here and there but the team is ready and eager to address those as they rear their ugly heads. We also have some unfinished business regarding the Wealth victory path and the adding of new playable races, which we'll get around to presently.
For a detailed description of what is to come, check out the previous devlog post here. Below you will find the full patch notes, which is basically the same in a bullet point list.
Because the Riven Realms have been part of our lives in one form or another for 30 years, rest assured that we have no intention of abandoning the game now that 1.0 is out, of course. On the contrary, our plans involve improving mechanics, adding content, and creating DLCs if there is a demand. We'll share more detailed plans when the tumult of the release abates somewhat.
And again, thank you for coming along for the journey with the Lost Pilgrims!
Important Note: Considering the extent of these improvements there is little to no chance that we broke nothing in the process. Assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button) and our Discord server.
Now let's jump into the details:
- The westernmost region of the Searing Plains (with a number of settlements and lots to do)
- Eylani, a new recruitable Companion added
- Companion Personal Storylines (for all 9 available Companions)
- Wyrm War Storyline (a long, late game storyline)
User Interface Improvements
- Most of the UI was completely overhauled (Crew, Settlements, Companion Perks)
- New Conditions tab on the Crew UI
- Now you can track the Loyalty status of your Companions (Companion pane)
- Equipment tooltip improvements (Lances, Guard Animals)
- In Crew Combat, when checking actions that involve Companion Combat, the number of maximum deployable Companions is now visible
- Hunting and Foraging now has quantity caps
- Multiple types of wheels can not be equipped at the same time (sorry!)
- Outrider-related background calculations are updated
- Workforce calculations are updated
- Disappearing settings in the Options fixed
- Traverse button random deactivation fixed
- No longer will loosing a Deputy slot unassign all Deputies
- Fixed the bug that caused Tasks to disappear after using the Exploit Leadership Perk
- Encourage button fixed
- Banners will not carry over to new games (sorry!)
- Fixed the bug that allowed Equipment to be equipped in a locked slot
- The market of The Last Oasis now restocks its goods over time (finally!)
- Prowess tooltip in Events fixed
- Slight performance issue in certain stages of the game
- Loading times on certain hardware take a bit long
- Some NPC portraits in late stages of certain storylines are missing
Coming Up Next
- Wealth Victory and outpost building storylines' later stages (so that you can complete them and win the game)
- The two crime syndicates will each receive a glorious leader and a quest
- New playable races
- More leader portraits
Stay tuned and conquer the wasteland!
The Lost Pilgrims Team
Our crowdfunding campaign is LIVE at Fig! Also, don't forget to wishlist and follow Vagrus on Steam and GoG!