Hey there! I hope 2018 is treating you all well so far. A very kind user has suggested in the comments that I should an article about the progress of the mod, so that is what I am doing right now!
What has been done
- Voice actors have been found, so now the mod is ready for the narrative I had envisioned it would have. You can hear how two of the main story characters sound by clicking here and here. Keep in mind the provided voice lines are just tests and were first-second takes so the quality will be much higher in the finished product. There are three more voices you're going to hear in the game which I will not reveal yet as we are still working on them.
- 70% of models/props
- Gameplay elements have been thought out (or at least most of them, there are 3 which need good consideration)
What needs to be done
- Story needs to be written (there are a few scraps but if we are going to take the mod seriously it needs to be fleshed out)
- Music (we don't have a set style yet but I am working on it! I will post an audio file here soon to see what you guys think)
- Style guide maps so I can see what I need to do (there will be 3 acts which take place in different settings of the Venteller LAbs facility - Clean, Old Venteller and Overgrown)
- Obviously, maps need to be made!
As you can probably tell, we have a lot of things to do still but hopefully this will be a smooth and enjoyable journey. I am really looking forward to this mod and I hope you are too. Have a great rest of your day and thank you for showing your interest in the mod, it really means a lot to me.