Eastern Front Shoutcast
Greetings and welcome everybody to another Eastern Front Update. This time we present you a Shoutcast of a game with the Soviet Union.
The game is a 1v1 between Angstmann (Propaganda) and Greenapple (Terror), duking it out on Prague, commented on by Eastern Front Lead Developer Apex. It contains 35 minutes of non-stop action, sometimes so much lead flying through the air that you can barely hear Apex's commentary, although the ingame sounds are loud on purpose so you can hear our new speech, weapon and vehicle sounds.
Apex's talks about why Eastern Front is really more an expansion than a mod, and a must-have for every Company of Heroes player, as well as how the new no-retreat feature makes the Soviets a lot more tactical to play.
Shortly after the battle, the participating Red Army Major Ivan Danko was interviewed in a Medic Truck and had the following remarks about the fight:
- The Command Squad is vital for the early game of the Soviet Union, and should therefore be diverted more Vodka rations.
- Soviet Commanders whining about that they have to use reskinned American buildings will be sent to the Gulag.
- Commissars rock, but someone should tell them that Pistol bullets do not penetrate King Tiger armor.
- The Soviet Commander should consider using more support weapons against machine gun positions, to increase the average battlefield survival time of a conscript by a couple of seconds.
- Whether he could get an IS-2 for his daughters 18th birthday, because of the horrible traffic in Moscow.
- Next time they should really use PPSh-41 SMGs, just because they sound so nice.
Because the Adobe Flash Player processing here on ModDB screws up the audio track of the videos, this time we present it on Youtube only.
Here is the link to the playlist containing all four videos of the Shoutcast:
Doswedanje, and see you on January 21st!