I've made quite a few fixes and changes in this version, which I will lay out below:
- Added a bit more flesh to the story to make it less vague. It's still very brief and succinct, but it has a little more depth now. If I ever expand The Rift into a more full-fledged story, I'll add more in the future.
- Added a simple, but needed introduction.
- Simplified the final puzzle.
- Fixed some monster pathing issues. I'm sure there's still more I can do to make the monsters smarter, but they should get stuck less now.
- Made some simple appearance changes for a few of the levels. Cleaned up some ugly object placement.
- Made a few sound changes.
- Tightened up some timers so the script flows a bit faster.
- Cut the file size by over half!
- Slightly changed the ending.
- Removed that oil barrel.
This story was never intended to be long or in depth. My goal in making this was definitely realized.
That thought in mind, I don't think I'll be putting a whole lot of time into adding to The Rift. I know it's short and the story is vague and the ending doesn't answer everything, but that's how it was designed.
I may make the ending longer or add a bit more to the story in the near future, but after that I think I'll let it stay and spend time working on my full-length custom story.
Thanks so much for playing my story! I really appreciate all the feedback.