It is the holiday season of the year, we hope you are all safe, healthy and have the opportunity to share this time of the year with your loved ones! We at CatByteGames want to wish you love, joy and a happy New Year! To celebrate we are now rolling out patch 1.004 for AI Vendetta! At the same time we are also running a 40% discount on Steam, so this is a great time to give the game a try!
Of course we will always continue supporting the game, so be sure to let us know if you run into any issues while playing! You can reach out to us here, through our website or on Steam.
To start the festivities we decided to also launch a fun new trailer for patch 1.004.
This patch contains several fixes, tweaks and improvements to AI Vendetta. We have been making changes to some of the interfaces to provide more feedback during certain Boss Battles. Some of the Boss battles have also been tweaked and improved for a better experience. And of course this patch contains many small fixes and changes which you can see in the list below.
Finally, we have also been adding some new features! Proto, our protagonist, has been featured in many seasonal events. Now you can also select these alternate versions of Proto in the new Skins menu. By completing the game you will also unlock the “Golden” Proto skin and you will be able to start a New Game+. Completing the game now also enables the secret radar! This optional feature will notify you while playing to indicate that an undiscovered secret is nearby. You can now also listen to the music of AI Vendetta in the new Jukebox mode after completing the game. In addition to the beta levels that were released with patch 1.002, you can now also play some of the cut content that didn’t make it into the final game after finding all hidden secrets.
Choose your Proto with the new skins menu, complete the game to find Golden Proto!
With that we hope that you will enjoy playing AI Vendetta even more with the new patch! Of course we are always happy to receive your feedback, ideas and bug reports on Steam or through our website.
Best wishes from the CatByteGames Team.
This boss will now finally fire its laser attack from its chest like it was supposed to!
Below is a list of all the changes for update 1.004, note: this list may contain spoilers! Don’t read any further if you don’t want to see spoilers for the game!
- New Game+ (Replay the game but keep all of your abilities and discovered secrets).
- 5 new skins for Proto to choose from in the Options menu and 1 more that is unlocked upon completing the game.
- Jukebox Mode through the Extras menu upon completing the game.
- The Cut Content level, playable from the Extras menu upon completing the game and finding all secrets.
- The Secret Radar, which will help detect undiscovered secrets after completing the game. Can be turned off in the options menu.
- A Festive surprise!
Fixes and tweaks
- Fixed issue where the screen could remain black when playing a level directly after having completed the game (without restarting the game).
- Fixed issue where some of the ammo pickups in Sector 4 Level 4 were partially placed inside walls.
- Fixed issue where the container robot would sometimes not steer in the intended direction when playing with a controller.
- Fixed issue where the Laser Turret in Sector 4 Level 5 could not always be damaged by reflecting its own laser.
- Fixed issue where the laser attack of Boss 5 would originate from its base instead of its chest.
- Fixed issue where during one of the end-game cutscenes two instances of Proto could remain visible on screen.
- Fixed graphical issue with the race challenges where the red line could glitch depending on the camera angle.
- Slightly increased the animation speed of Terminals.
- Fixed issue where during Boss 5 the wrong music would sometimes be played.
- Fixed that the player could be locked out of the shielded turret encounter in 3-2.
You can also read about this update on Steam.