Note: There are NO Swamp Frogs in the current release!
Feature-wise, progress for Kenshi has been trickling along slowly this past month or two. But now we finally have some screens of what our artists have been working on while the programmers fix bugs:
Another new creature, a giant frog from the swamplands area of the new world map, all modeled up but still in need of animating.
^ More mystery ruins for the New Lands
^ Scaffolds of a mining town on the border of the Tar Sands. Eventually there will be buildings on the flat tops with bridges connecting the flat-topped islands of rock/ small settlements. The tarry canyon bottoms will be fog-filled, unconnected from the tops and poisonous. So far, this is all procedural.
Now for the latest patches from over the last week, available now on Steam. Remember to import to a new game with new updates:
- Possible fix for characters vanishing into the void
- Fixes for the auto-jobs AI getting stuck. If it still happens in any situations I will need someone to send me a savegame for it.
- Improvement to the "reset positions" import function that will recover missing squads
- Fix for when engineers stand idle as a result of an unreachable building
- A fix for the prospecting window
- A few more small things and stability fixes
- Fix for 32-bit mode not running
0.74.26 (Stable version)
- Walls now don't affect pathfinding until they are 20% built
- Another possible fix for characters vanishing into the void
- Some more auto-job AI fixes
- Re-enabled civilian NPCs
- More stability
- Fixed characters running on the spot when the navmesh updates
- AI fixes for the slave camp
- Another fix for "reset positions" not recovering all squads
- Fix for character movement overshooting the destination
- More small fixes for movement and AI
- Lights don't work until you finish building them
- 2nd AI fix for movement overshooting the destination
- Bugfix that was causing increased loading times at startup
- Small combat animation fix
- Dogs are less bitey, have more time between attacks
0.74.29 (Experimental opt-in version)
- Added a mercenary guild that can be hired to guard your base. Need to import a new game to see their shops appear in towns
- Fixed the "Day" always being 1 in some cases
- A fix for getting stuck in doors
- More stability improvements
Please keep sending in your crash dumps and bug reports, it's been a massive help so far, thank you to everyone!