Tools and weapons with abilities, improved task delegation, lighting shaders, improved Combat Mode, overhauled mineral resources, improved AI and walls.
- Tools and weapons with abilities - I've previously mentioned the possible actions a human can perform are based on the tools they have available, e.g. anyone with an axe can cut down a tree. I've expanded on this. Tools now have abilities tied to them with varying levels of effectiveness. For example, an axe has a high [chop] ability and can cut down trees quickly. A knife also has the [chop] ability, but is much less effective and takes a longer time. Tools and weapons can have multiple abilities attached to them, e.g a knife can [chop] as well as [slash] when used in a fight. It's easily moddable, so you could give spears the ability to [puncture] holes for clothes-making if you wanted.
- Improved task delegation - To complement tools with abilities, I've improved the way tasks are delegated to the humans. The best person for a given task is now calculated based on the abilities of their tools and distance to the task. A person further away with a better tool should be preferred over a closer person with a worse tool.
- Lighting shaders - Fires now emit light. It's pretty simple, no fancy shadows here. The lighting is mainly to make to nights brighter.
- Improved Combat Mode - I've re-enabled and fixed up Combat Mode, which I took out for a while since it was confusing and buggy. Now all individuals can be ordered to position/attack manually and the orders will stick even when you exit Combat Mode. It's still a work in progress though.
- Overhaul mineral resources - Rocks and minerals contain a set amount of resources and disappear once they are mined out.
- Improved AI - Added desire to seek warmth when freezing, and other various improvements to AI
- Walls - Can construct walls now, making a cell impassable and using up all the cell's volume
On a final note, I think it's time the graphics got some attention. I'll be looking for an artist to replace all my programmer art with proper art before doing a big promotional push. Stay tuned!