Total Chaos 1.0 is finally here!
This version includes the much awaited New Game + mode, which features a new enemy called The Hunter. Finish a level in the given time limit, or he will come looking for you...
A new weapon has been added to this version too, and its one which you have all been asking for. The Super Shotgun has finally made its way into Total Chaos. It is given to players at the beginning of the New Game + mode, but it can also be found in the main story.
How do I activate NG+?
To play NG+, you need to first finish the game. Upon reaching the credits, at the bottom a code will become visible. For those who have already finished Total Chaos and do not wish to replay the whole experience, you can find the code on our ModDB images section for a limited time.
Where to for the mod from here?
The most immediate thing to get out is the upcoming Retro mode, but after that it will be expansion content. We hope you've been enjoying what we've put out so far. We are far from done with Fort Oasis. Stay tuned!
You can now create addon content for Total Chaos. Over the coming weeks, I will be posting the source content online. This includes scripts, models and tools needed for changing the Total Chaos game files. Right now though, you can create custom maps! To get started, go here.
If you go to the addons page, you can already find a couple of mods, including this thing:
The full v1.0 Change Log
Here is the full change log for this version:
- New Game +
- Super Shotgun Weapon Added
- Several enemies have added attack patterns
- Mod support added to launcher
- Inventory size doubled
- Animation improvements on Brutes
- Stalkers can no longer explode through thin walls
- Brutes can now throw bottles and rocks at you
- Brutes have an enraged attack mode
- Shooting Glare's with firearms causes bad things to happen to the player
- Long Legs can now run- Enemies have an increased chance to drop stim-packs
- Shotgun shells now stack
- Shotgun shells have a new icon and take up 1 inventory slot instead of 2
- Reduced bleed on compound needles from 50 to 20
- Rebalaned usage stats on various items
- Radiation slightly reduces by drinking vodka
- Inventory glow effect now works in the dark
- Inventory menu no longer usable when going between doors
- You can only carry one of each firearm (prevents bugs)
- The majority of weapons have had animation improvements
- Bricks no longer deal explosive damage to self
- Scissors take up more stamina on use
- Firearms won't shake the screen as much when a shot connects
- Radiation removed from Long Legs nest (Decay)
- Collision fixed on table in the first voice chat room (Arrival)
- Thrown rocks glow
- Dentist sign has fixed render radius
- Quick-slot icon misalignment in Inventory fixed when using different aspect ratios
- Intro typos fixed