Evening folks, this evening I bring you another TK update for the final build. Work has gone well, albeit at a much more steady pace due to time restrictions. There isn't too much left to finish but more about making sure everything slots together nicely and doesn't cause any nasty surprises, so heres how things stand;
UPDATE! I forgot to add this to the change list, the TK stealth system has also been revised to make it more realistic. A good example of this would be shooting a NPC while his buddies are just on the other side of a wall, if you are too close they will hear the shot still and come to investigate, if they find you, they will gun you down.
1. Totally overhauled stashes. By this I mean I have completely changed the contents of stashes, the conditions which need to be met in order to get the stash location, and theres even some code in place to reward players that like to explore that will allow for looting of any stash found, even if you don't have its infoportion.
2. Enhanced NPC loot system. This is a simple (well, I suppose simple is relative) minimod I developed and injected into TK, its now possible for players to "loot" the armor a NPC is wearing. Obviously its not guaranteed that you can "loot" a NPCs armor, but a chance you will be able to loot it.
3. Diversified NPC loadouts. This is just to make things more "natural", so expect to see more NPCs sporting such things as silencers and scopes outside of what is predetermined in specific level xml files.
4. Finished optimisations. The mod is as friendly as its going to be, but make no mistake, you are going to need a powerful system still.
5. Added normal maps for tree branches and bushes. Reworked from the screens I've already posted, they add about as much depth as possible to avoid the textures from looking like they are steamrollered flat.
6. Revised survivalist aspects. NPCs and traders will carry far less food/drungs etc, while traders also have a lower chance of having such supplies.
7. Better rewards for exploring maps. In addition to the totally reworked stashes artifacts are also rarer, you won't find many stashes with artifacts in, if you want some, you will need to actively go and find them.
8. Fixed a CTD when approaching the abandoned farm in Dark Valley if a mutant ended up on the NPC smart terrain.
9. Fixed a CTD in Dark Valley where if a mutant spawned with no valid ID and you killed it it would crash the game.
10. Changed actor arm texture and normal map for a higher resolution version. This is just a cheap band aid fix for some weapons I added that use the actor arms from CS, while the arm models are a bit different because the textures are now the same the "transition" isn't particularly jarring in any way.
11. Removed being able to put some smaller weapons in the grenade slot. I've left the code in place so if anyone wants to re-enable this its as easy as making one change in a weapon ltx file. I disabled the feature just because the implementation wasn't perfect and I was too lazy to implement the hack/workaround to overcome the issue.
12. Numerous fixes and tweaks for other smaller things.
Left to do:
Resolve a issue with fleshes that seem to cause a problem in Agroprom
Implement blowouts (I'm getting around to this I swear)
Maybe make some tweaks to all.spawn
Help Meltac with DS2.0
Thats everything left to do, everything is slowly getting chipped away at ;)