My tips to reduce the probability of getting CTDs with Stalker mods in general :
- Always use latest patches/updates
- Avoid quick-saves, instead try "hard-saves" (via game menu)
- Avoid "Overloading" your game with too much active missions , always focus on finishing'em first
- If you don't have a SSD drive , always defrag your game/HDD for smooth & fast experience
- Better deactivate your antivirus while playing offline
- From time to time , use one of "trusty" optimizer softwares
- From tie to time , scan your System for viruses, malwares...
- Ignorance is your first enemy : Before trying anything ,that you don't know how it works, ask "trustworthy" people about best methods ,tips & hints.
- Avoid "suspicious" mods , download mods , ONLY from authentic sites like moddb.com ..etc
- Always make sure that you're using the right patch with the right mod: some mods use only compatible versions & patches
- Steam & Gog.com versions are not 100% compatible with some of Stalker mods : Yoctosfera included
- When you uninstall/install games/mods , make sure that you know exactly what are you doing : always make it accurate,clean , professional & especially make everything in order !
- You must understand that STALKER engine (X-ray) is not the most powerful engine on the market , respect that fact : it's not the most stable nor the most perfect
- You must know the limits of your rigs , don't be too hard on your PC/laptop
- Don't forget to update your Windows & your drivers
- If you have any questions about Stalker games , join me in this glorious facebook group Facebook.com or here Moddb.com
Mr Hamfi -©2015