This update is deemed necessary because of several issues that were being caused by Nod (both AI and player controlled).
(Check the full update news article for more details Moddb.com )
- Several performance fixes, especially pertaining to Nod.
- Several balance changes centred around the Nod SSM and Banshee.
Release 6 additions:
Harvester Ren: Essential equipment! (replaces TS harvester)
Orca Pad TS: Build and manage your aircraft! (replaces C&C3; Air field)
Medic TS: Heal your damaged troops!
Jackhammer Tib: Barbaric static defence with artillery range!
MLRS TD: A very useful artillery piece
Crystal Crush: A new resource denial support power!
Banshee TS: A remarkably versatile attack aircraft!
SSM TD: A monstrous long range surface-to-surface missile launcher
A pleasant mix of Tiberian Dawn and Tiberian Sun tunes, including some pulsating action track mixes!
- Same EA code bug, were anything which tints an object, will tint everything near the object.
- The GDI Jackhammer sometimes has animation issues due to the way it was coded, this does not effect the weapons performance.
- On modified maps with extremely fast Tiberium regrowth rates, or if you are using a trainer which affords the AI a massive income, it is still possible that Nod will cause performance issues. Finding out why this is happening is a work in progress.
Please note that previous versions are not required. There is no need for you to remove existing versions.
- Make sure that C&C3; is updated to version 1.9!
- Unpack the file.
- Inside the file will be a 'readme' file and a folder named 'TiberianHistory'.
- Cut and paste the 'TiberianHistory' folder into your 'Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\mods' folder, which should be in the 'My documents' section of your computer (typically 'C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods').
- If you get an overwrite* warning click 'yes'.
These instructions assume that you have a Windows XP PC with administrator rights. Ask the community for help with other set-ups.
*This new version does not overwrite the previous C&C history mod file, due to it having a different file name (so you can play the old version if you prefer it!)