Saddle up, varmint! Friendship Club's first major feature update is here! Get bar brawlin' in a totally destructible new arena "The Wonky Wagon", rootin'-tootin' in an updated "Quick Draw" Standoff mode, or, well, simply bear witness to all of the commotion from afar.
Rather than waffle on about how freakin' great it is, we've created a trailer, some GIFs, and revamped the Greenlight page. Please share this around, as for the next two weeks we'll be doing a big marketing push.
- Ashley, Nick, Tom & Sophie
Procedural level generation for The Wonky Wagon. We'll be doing a more in-depth post on how this arena is put together soon.
Still screenshot of Bullet Hell. Perfect for a bar brawl!
Still screenshot of new QUICK DRAW standoff mode. Some idiot (Nick) misfires their gun!
For completeness, here's a GIF of procedural generation in Timmy's Bedroom.
The full release notes / changes for this build are as follows:
14th July - 25th July
--- THE WONKY WAGON ---
- Base tileset
- Destructible walls (23 sprites in total, which break into 13 gib pieces!)
- Wall objects (5 objects, which break into 20 gib pieces!)
- Other objects. Tables, chairs, bottles. (9 objects, which break into 34 gib pieces!)
- Batwing doors.
- Brown bullet shell casings.
- Bearskin rugs and "pop" created in Spine so they're SUPER SMOOTH!
- Procedural generation ruleset.
- Tweaks to procedural generation ruleset.
- MORE tweaks to procedural generatio ruleset. (It's still not perfect, but we'll adjust it over time.)
- Saloon doors required overhaul to shonky wall / edge rendering.
- Destructible walls implemented.
- All of the art objects implemented with the SO MANY gib pieces.
- QUICK DRAW standoff mode.
- Quick Draw standoff mode timer countdown, and gun jamming.
- All of the art objects needed SFX for when they are SMASHED!
- Menu SFX
- New Music for The Wonky Wagon.
BUG FIXES / OTHER BITS
- Instructions screen now includes mention of charging the gun on rugs.
- Updated menu screen with game mode descriptions.
- Windows build will now run on PCs with OpenGL 3.1 (previously required 3.2).
- We went to MULTICLASH!
- We went to Wales Games Development Show! (and had to type up the mailing list).
- We made a poster for BVGS #3.
- The FREAKIN' AWESOME trailer!
- Other bits noted are specific tweaks to the procedural level generated, which needn't really be listed here.
Tally ho now!