This update brings the introduction of 7 distinct races to play as, each with their own different lore. Alongside the Terrakin, sporting the regular Star Ruler 2 gameplay you're used to, the 6 other races each have their own unique gameplay elements to contest with.
A race of sentient flora, the Oko construct organic ships held together by Sinew. Their population does not live in cities, but instead overgrows the planet they are on as a whole.
Hoonan ships and settlements are all linked to a massive information network, requiring them to construct Mainframes in space. Fleets fight at increased strength near mainframes, but become significantly weaker when fighting far away from one.
The Feyh have a long tradition of worship and sacrifice, and must construct Altars to keep their population from becoming godless. Altars sacrifice the resources of the planet they're built on, but allow the feyh to live on their planets in greater numbers than any other race.
All the Mono were once a single mechanoid intelligence, stranded on a planet and with no memory of its creators or its purpose. Mono population must be constructed using labor, but does not need food or water and can freely move to other planets through hyperspace, without the need for colony ships.
The Saar are a race of missionaries, spreading their message of peace and acceptance to all who are willing to hear it - and some who are not. They can construct Star Temples, allowing them to convert the population living on nearby planets owned by other empires to their religion.
Fleeing the destruction of their homeworld's sun, the Nylli now consider themselves children of the stars, living in giant motherships and orbital habitats around the planets whose resources they exploit.
This update adds a bunch of new subsystems, including the Cloaking Mesh and Muon Cannon. The ship designer in general has also been updated to use limited interior space for your subsystems.
Using the new Graviton Condenser subsystem, you can now damage and eventually blow up stars and planets! Make sure to get out of the blast wave quick. though.
Planets can now go up to Level 5! A number of new 'scalable' resources have been added to make use of planet levels, find them and level them up for many useful benefits.
The research grid has been redone and expanded with new technologies and unlocks, now giving you more choice of which direction to take for your empire's technological advancement.
- Add new "Nebula" unique system.
- Adding some more race portraits.
- Add a game option to hide the locations of other systems/stars until an adjacent system is explored.
- Add planetary thruster building.
- Add singularity lab orbital.
- Add orbital frame constructor artifact.
- Added graviton condenser subsystem that can be activated to damage and eventually destroy stars and planets.
- Add cloaking mesh subsystem.
- Added a few 'scalable' resources, resources that don't have a required level, can't be exported and gain more benefits depending on the level of the planet they are on.
- Added Muon Cannon (support) and Muon Cannon Battery (flagship) weapons.
- Add 'Hedge' card.
- Add 'Support Station' artifact.
- Added distinct races with various unique gameplay elements! The race selection menu will pop up whenever you try to start a new game.
- Some planets will now have one or more moons. Moon Bases can be built to extend the amount of space available to construct buildings on.
- Chat messages in multiplayer may now be sent to specific players / teams / allied / etc.
- Constructions in the build queue can now be reordered by dragging.
- Add 'Floating Continent' artifact.
- Build queues can now be set to repeat mode.
- Add Titan Hull, can be researched and used for various benefits and more interior space on ships.
- Small improvements to the looks and usability of the fleet support ship management interface.
- Bonuses/penalties for highest/lowest contributor in votes are now integrated over time instead of only checking the final votes of each empire. The vote tab displays which empires are currently considered highest and lowest contributors.
- Ship designs are now based on a static hex size with a limited amount of space available, instead of stats scaling based on the percentage of the ship covered. This invalidates many old ship designs.
- Removed adjacency hp bonus from armor.
- Armor on the outside of a ship does not count towards ship interior space limit.
- Flagships and defense stations are now in separate quickbars instead of together in the fleets quickbar.
- Peace proposals now use the treaty system.
- Flagships now need to rotate in the direction they're moving in before starting to thrust.
- Planetary wonders have been removed.
- Food and Water resource effects have been removed.
- Planets now go up to Level 5, resource requirements for level 4 have been lowered.
- FTL Crystals are now a scalable resource that provides more FTL/s as it levels up.
- Completely rework the layout of technologies in the research grid.
- Changed the bonuses Zeitgeists give to the highest/lowest contributors in the vote.
- FTL Crystals now have an extra special effect at level 5.
- Cyllium now has a special effect at level 4.
- Reduce money cost of FTL jammers but increase their FTL usage.
- Cost to use hyperdrive and fling now scales with the mass of the ship.
- Tweaked the costs of things in other FTL methods.
- Torpedo damage is now unspillable (cannot be lost by piercing through the entire ship).
- Muon cannon damage now completely ignores all Damage Resistance.
- Change the level up benefit effects for Allondium.
- Add a limited firing arc to hyperdense lasers.
- Added new Gate model.
- Added new Spore model.
- Fix remnants leaving their systems in The Expanse.
- Fix bug with selecting different locales.
- Hyperdrive speed can now recover due to repair even during FTL.
- Homeworlds can no longer be gimped due to being mostly ocean/lava.
- Fixed a crash caused by keybind reloading.
- Optimized some areas causing framerate losses on radeon cards.
- Fix ships firing weapons at asteroids.
- Fix ships being able to fire weapons while in FTL.
- AI now has a basic understanding of treaties.
- Empire attributes are now generated automatically whenever a hook uses a previously unknown one. New attributes are initialized to 0 by default.