in this article, we, the Third Subvision Studio, show the current progress on the ntf mod 0.2.0 version.
Disclaimer: The mod is still not ready to be released and no release date is known for it as well. Please be more patient about it.
Current features which we either already worked on or we still work on:
- The mod has been ported to the newest version of SCP:CB (1.3.9) and will also be ported to the 1.3.10 version once it's released.
- Fixed timesteps are working fine, with the exception of a few little things that still need to be adjusted (fixed timesteps means that the game updates according to a certain framerate instead of using a FPSFactor and thus making the rendering more stable).
- The rmesh (the file format for the maps used in this mod) loading has been adjusted in order to boost the FPS.
- The MTF AI has been improved.
- The intro has also been changed and tweaked.
- We started to add endings for Gate-A.
- Credits at the end of the game.
- The SZL feature (Seperate zone loading which is a feature that only loads one zone at a time instead of all 3 zones) has been improved even more.
- We re-added the gasmask overlay that was present in the pre0.2.0 version (BTW: It was NEVER publically released so please don't ask about it) but we plan to change the gasmask overlay.
- We also started reworking the SCP-457 area and we plan something for it ;)
- Some soundtracks have been replaced by new ones as well as new ambient sounds.
- Worked more on the sewers area.
Remember: Not all of those features are finished as of yet.
Those are the most important features we have been working on and we are still working on. There are also a lot of others, but we either didn't worked on them much or they are still a secret as of yet.
Here are some screenshots showing some of the progress:
If you have any questions regarding anything about it, please write them in the comments section. But please try not to ask the same things over and over again as well as when the ntf mod gets released or such.
Thank you for reading this article about the progress of our mod :D
Third Subvision Studio