The Ouroboros King combines the strategic tactical depth of chess with the build variety and replayability of roguelikes. Build a formidable army, discover powerful relics, and buy surprising gadgets to defeat the three evil witches.
During the last few weeks, I've been on vacation, which has allowed me to spend a lot of time adding more content to the game. Since the previous update, I've added:
- Relics, some of which affect combat and others affect army upgrades
- The item system, including gold rewards for winning battles and a shop
- Many new pieces: portal mage, immortal, cardinal, pawn, and fool
Rocks that block unit movement during combat
- A soundtrack, composed by my brother Licus
- A difficulty system to make sure everyone can enjoy the game
- Quality of life improvements to the initial army and map system, making sure you’re not shown too many new units at the same time and you always have relevant options on the map
You can play the demo for free on itch: Oriolcosp.itch.io
Feedback will be much appreciated.