The Plague, a short Halloween horror game, has been updated to version 1.6 for Windows and Mac!
So here's what's new :
- As the game was firstly intended to be a mobile game, I had to restrict myself when it came to poly-count and texture resolution so it would not run slow or average devices. When the game was switched to PC, I forgot to reset the maximum texture resolution for a few models, like the dead body in the shrine. That has now been fixed (also added more normal maps and specular maps).
- When you get attacked, a vignetting effect kicks in with color aberration. You can turn this off from the new Option called "Effects".
- Also, as you can see from the picture above, the effect now kicks in in the intro along with the mouse sensitivity drop effect.
- On the try again menu, instead of getting a black screen as a background, you now can actually see your open grave with your little swing... swinging. The blur Effect will be switched off by turning Effects off.
- The floating note upon exiting the graveyard has now been fixed
- A few guiding notes will actually now be spawned before reaching the gate. They are very rare though.
- When switching Quality, you now get recommendations whether to turn on or off Ambient Occlusion, Motion Blur or Effects.
- The Pumpkin Counter going off screen on 4:3 aspect should now be fixed
- The bug where it would appear as you are seeing the doctor even tho you aren't has been fixed. I had to change the bounding volume a bit. Also the problem where you were actually looking at him but nothing happened due to the fact that he was behind a cross or a grave has been fixed.
- You now have a folder included with images which you can use for thumbnails or demonstration in case you want to post the game on a forum or make a video of it
- And finally new Music from our Lord and saviour, Kevin MacLeod
Here are the tracks used :
Start Menu :
- Come Play with Me
- Dark Times
- Dark Walk
- Day of Chaos (a shortened version)
- Echoes of Time
- Epic Unease
- Lone Harvest
- Quinns Song-The Dance Begins
In Game :
Try Again : Win : Thank you and Happy Halloween!
Try Again :
Thank you and Happy Halloween!